Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What width wheel spacer needed for new wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeeters_keeper
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Thomas View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am running stock type suspension. I found some Mazda wheels, I'll have to measure them when I pick them up. I guess I can mock it up to see how much I need to get that flush to the fender look before I buy them.
    Which wheels? The 14x5.5 +38s i had are miata daisies. But they are 4x100, and festiva is 4x114.3.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Adam Thomas
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I am running stock type suspension. I found some Mazda wheels, I'll have to measure them when I pick them up. I guess I can mock it up to see how much I need to get that flush to the fender look before I buy them.

Leave a comment:

• skeeters_keeper
    replied
    Are you on stock brakes or aspire? Aspire rear brakes space the wheel out a bit more than the stock. Either way a 10mm spacer should be sufficient, though with aspire you may be OK with no spacer at all. If you want the tire to be a little closer to flush with the fender on stock brakes you may want a 15-20mm spacer. It's been a while since I had factory rear struts, but I had some 14x5.5 +38s at one point with aspire brakes and no spacers.

Also I would suggest getting hub-centric spacers that match your wheel and hub. Festiva is 59mm, aspire is 54mm. You'll need to find or measure your wheel hub bore.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Thomas
    started a topic What width wheel spacer needed for new wheels?

What width wheel spacer needed for new wheels?

I have a set of 14x5.5" wheels with a 40mm offset. Planning on running the 165/55r14 like is suggested on here to keep the speedo fairly accurate. My question is what width spacer did you use to keep the rear wheel from rubbing on the stock suspension? Anything else I may be overlooking please let me know. Thanks!
Working...
X