14" civic hx rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" civic hx rims

I recently picked up these 14" enkei civic hx rims. Since the bolt pattern is 4x100 and the tire itself is a little too wide to run without spacers I got spacers/adaptors with homemade hub centeric rings inside. The tire is 185/65 which is alittle tall so I'm planning on getting some 185/55 or 185/50 to help the speedo not be off so much. They do hit the fenders when going over bums so I'm planning on rolling the fenders tomorrow, but turning there is no rubbing. 20180314_212001.jpg I got the rims and tires for $150 for the whole set, which I think is a pretty good deal for enkei rims.

185 is a little too wide. Skinny is better for a Festiva, both for proper fitment and better handling.

The best size for a 14" on a Festiva is 165/55R14.

You can get an full set of 4 Achilles ATR-K 165-55R14 on Ebay for less than $200, shipped.

These have a great performance and life for the price.
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
      185 is a little too wide. Skinny is better for a Festiva, both for proper fitment and better handling.

The best size for a 14" on a Festiva is 165/55R14.

You can get an full set of 4 Achilles ATR-K 165-55R14 on Ebay for less than $200, shipped.

These have a great performance and life for the price.
      Big +1. NSW, strongly recommend you do this. Plus, you won't need spacers. And you don't actually need hub-centric rings either BTW.

Also recommend you install a set of the short Gorilla screw-in studs (they come in three lengths), with red Loc-tite. You will need four packages of them. If you think you might need spacers at some point in the future, you could go with the slightly longer ones, #77737L.
      Last edited by TominMO; 03-15-2018, 12:50 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

those rims look reeeeallllly cool on your festy......im jealous.
        92 GL, 98k
        77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

The Hub Centric Rings wouldn't hurt to have. The studs help line everything up but the and the cone of the lug nut should center everything but having hub centric rings just helps to make sure they will be as center as possible. I used them on my 15" Nissan wheels and I have absolutely no shake while driving.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Big +1. NSW, strongly recommend you do this. Plus, you won't need spacers. And you don't actually need hub-centric rings either BTW.

Also recommend you install a set of the short Gorilla screw-in studs (they come in three lengths), with red Loc-tite. You will need four packages of them. If you think you might need spacers at some point in the future, you could go with the slightly longer ones, #77737L.
            The spacer/adapter will still likely be necessary Tom, as these rims are something like ET45 IIRC. He also still needs the adapter, since he's 4x114.3 and the wheels are 4x100

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
            Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
            Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
            Feel free to PM me anytime!
            Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
            Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

The spacer/adapter will still likely be necessary Tom, as these rims are something like ET45 IIRC. He also still needs the adapter, since he's 4x114.3 and the wheels are 4x100

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
              Yeah, I'm not a big fan of running the spacers/adapters but I got these rims for a really nice price so I figured I might as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, I had assumed he had switched to Aspire brakes. Didn't read his original post closely enough.

If he switches to Aspire rear brakes and coilovers, they should fit fine without any spacers, since the coilovers are so much narrower.
                Last edited by TominMO; 03-16-2018, 10:04 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The HX's are narrow (5.5") and anything over a 165 tire is going to have a fair bit of sidewall balloon and will feel like crap (although still better than a 12" tire...)

So yea, use the achillies and you will be happy! I also strongly recommend the hubcentric rings, especially since you already have them.
                  ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                  91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                  1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                  2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
                  X