Power Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering

Hi all, I have a 1990 Ford Festiva manual trans. And i was wondering if it was at all possible to install power steering on it. As far as i know it was an option from the factory, i just got unlucky and got one without it. I was wondering how hard it would be to install power steering on it. Can anyone help me?
    1990 Ford Festiva, 5 speed manual

it was an option... however, I've never seen a single festy with P/S... shouldn't be too hard to install though, the hard part will be locating a donor car that has it
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

okay, well so far I've been to about 15 different junk yards within the state of Ohio and haven't found one ford festiva or ford aspire guess no one wants to junk their festiva's lol
      1990 Ford Festiva, 5 speed manual

Comment

If I remember correctly someone on here was parting out a Festiva that had power steering a while back. Search back through the For Sale section.
        ~Jeff
        1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
        1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
        2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

There was a car at Ohiostiva with PS. It looks simple to do, replace the rack and pinion and bolt on the pump and lines. And I bought the one for sale here awhile ago.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

didn't some of the 323's come with power steering as well? then the next question, will they fit in a festiva?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

my mothers 323 has power steering and a 1.6 in it. i get better gas mileage with my festiva w/o power steering than hers.

Comment

Adding the weight of a power steering system is just gonna start taking away from the fun of the car being that they are so light without all those fancy options.

Comment

Working...
                X