5 lug conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 lug conversion?

Ok so I've been wondering and cant seem to find any old posts bout it. I'm wondering if there is or has been anybody to do a 5 lug conversion. I'm not talking about using a spacer/adapter. I mean like doing conversion , like different bearing style and all. Really just to have a wider range of wheel options. I'm not wanting to put 20s on it but really would like a old school muscle look. Problem is I have searched for a while and cant find what I'm looking for. But back to the point. I figure easier serviceability and better braking system like from a ranger or something. Anybody ever tried a swap?

You could see what might be adaptable from the various Mazda 626's, 5 on 4-1/2 IIRC
    No car too fast !

Comment

Not sure if this is a member on the forum, but according to this picture it is possible!
      CEB3B1AA-9E66-490C-B804-01B1DF44580C.jpg
      Last edited by jjk1224; 07-09-2018, 11:33 AM.
      2002 Ford Mustang GT Mineral Grey 5 spd
      1996 Ford Explorer XLT AWD White POS
      1992 Ford Festiva GL Metallic Blue 5 spd

Comment

Not sure why it wont let me re-edit my post, but here's a bigger picture.

Comment

Originally posted by jjk1224 View Post
          Not sure why it wont let me re-edit my post, but here's a bigger picture.

Because you can only edit it for the first thirty minutes.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Any idea as to what years of 626's to look into?

Comment

I don't know if that Pride is the best reference, it is far, far from stock.
              Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
              Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
              Feel free to PM me anytime!
              Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
              Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                I don't know if that Pride is the best reference, it is far, far from stock.
                But it does prove that anything is possible!

Comment

Originally posted by jjk1224 View Post
                  But it does prove that anything is possible!
                  Indeed, but at this rate/cost, you would probably be better getting your dream wheels custom re-drilled.

This has been asked before, and I have yet to see a very clean solution presented.

If you have the time and desire, however, go for it! Get a hold of some Solid cast rear Festiva drums and have them drilled for the 5 bolt pattern, and then look into potential hubs from other Mazdas or a complete one off setup.

Pretty much any route you go, you will likely be the first, so trial, error, fab, and some spending will he in your future.

Personally, I would be changing or modifying the wheels to fit the car at this rate

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by DirtMcGurt View Post
                    Any idea as to what years of 626's to look into?
                    Sorry I had miss remembered, 626 hubs are 26 spline, not 24
                    No car too fast !

Comment

VW and Porsche the way we used to do this if you can a find a 5 lug on the same bolt circle then 1 lug will bolt directly.center your wheel transfer punch for your lugs bore the holes in the mill.If you can find hubcentric wheels you can center off the hub and transfer punch and drill. There was also a program called Mr Machinist we could use and when we put in all variables it would tell us where to punch the holes. That program is so old now I'd bet you can find free copies on some website. I have never done this without a mill but 100% believe it could be done on a good drill press.I use to do about 6 VW rotors to 5 on 4 3/4 chevy wheels a month never a complaint and about 8 5 on 130 Porsche wheels to 4 on 130 porsche rotors a year. The Chevys we located off the hub the porsches we located off 1 stud the Volvos were Mr Machinist.
                      Last edited by ricko1966; 07-11-2018, 07:20 AM.
                      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
                      X