Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick the Quick
    replied
    I'm with the Tom in Mo. Gorilla screw in studs. It seems like it was Tom who sold me on them and I have no regrets especially now that I am running 10mm spacers on the rear with my 14" wheels. The studs make changing wheels so much easier especially in the dark.......in the dark? Who works in the dark? Probably none of us but get a flat at midnight and you will be glad you have studs to hang the wheel on.

Leave a comment:

• ricko1966
    replied
    VW rabbit,golf,jetta,scirrocco used longer lugs on alloy wheel cars.Thats what I use.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Your still good then. Stick the bolt through the hole in the rim and youll see how much sticks out the back to thread into the hub. Quite a bit. They came stock with those aluminum 12in rims and the stock bolts

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Stanza
    replied
    Thanks all! I neglected to mention that it's the stock aluminum rims (cleaned and painted, etc), that will be taking over for the steelies. Still rocking the stock brakes all around.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Here. 2006 mini cooper lug nuts. They are longer and have a 17mm head instead of 14mm.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    I believe you only need longer ones if you switched to aspire brakes. If you still have festivas brakes the stock ones are likely fine. I bought longer ones but i cant remember offhand what vehicle they were for. Ill think about it for a while and if i dont remember by the end of the day i can look back through my rockauto orders and find out.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Not all of the Aluminum Aftermarket wheels require longer studs but the Screw in studs so you can use Lug Nuts make things much easier when mounting wheels.

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    Actually a pretty smart question, shows you're thinking. But very likely the same bolts were made long enough to be used for both. I think the little 12" aluminum Festy wheels are not all that thick at the bolt holes, compared to aftermarket ones.

You definitely need longer bolts for aftermarket aluminum wheels; or better yet, install the screw-in Gorilla studs with red Loc-tite. They come in three sizes (see last letter in part #): S, L and XL. I recommend L in case you later go to aluminum aftermarket wheels.
    Last edited by TominMO; 10-03-2018, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanza
    started a topic Dumb question about wheel bolts

Dumb question about wheel bolts

Here's a dumb question, and I apologize that I wasn't able to find the answer despite searching.

Did alloy rims come with longer lug bolts? I'm switching from steel rims to the aluminum, and they are thicker at the bolt hole. If so, I'll need to see about finding a longer set of lug studs/wheel bolts/bolty thingies.
Working...
X