rio racks and rio steering knuckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rio racks and rio steering knuckles

My dd 89 festy automatic car swapped to manual needs a rack or at least I need to rebush my rack. My fun car festy is b6 swapped 93 with rio knuckles and brakes in front, aspire swapped in the rear, The Rio Aspire car has a bigger turning radius than the stock 89 car. My question is does the rio rack have more movement than the festy rack. I am wondering if I can get my lost turning radius back somehow?Rack? Different knuckles?IDK.What prompted this is the 89 Auto. needs a rack, I am thinking pull the rack from the 93 and put a Rio rack in the 93 ,put the 93 rack in the 89 auto.kill two birds with one stone.I Do not want to waste my time doing two rack swaps if it isn't going to fix the 93. I'll just do one rack swap to fix the 89.If I do a rio swap what all will I need ?an 02-05 rio rack, what else? If all I do is the 89 is an aspire rack a straight swap?
    Last edited by ricko1966; 10-24-2018, 06:03 PM.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

We are building our first car on the Rio knuckles now, so I can't answer your question on turning radius.
    On the Rio rack swap, you will want the Rio mounting brackets and pinion boot, Festiva pinion joint and side rods (though some have reported being able to shorten the Rio threaded ends to work) and rod ends to match the knuckles.
    No car too fast !

Comment

What is the ratio of the Rio rack compared to the Festiva unit?

Comment

There is a thread with data about that, but roughly, at the steering wheel, Festiva 4 turns lock to lock, Rio power rack 3 turns lock to lock.
        No car too fast !

Comment

Measured turning circle on both cars today.Over 6 feet increase in turning circle between the stock festi and the Rio front aspire rear set up. I don't know if it's the knuckles, or I need a Rio rack but I'm not liking it.I took pics of the white cars turning circle inside the green cars turning circle but the pics too big to post.
          Last edited by ricko1966; 11-20-2019, 06:57 PM.
          30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
          X