problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem

hi festiva fans i have a strange problem while i was driving my fisty it go some times right and some times left don't move in straight line especially in the bad rads people said to me because the rimes (14"/185/55) is heavy and the roll bar is week so people please help me

Maybe the alignment is off, or you are getting the effects of wider tire getting caught in ruts in the road. Maybe you steering componants are worn too.
    69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
    97 Jag xk8 vert
    06 Mini Cooper S GP
    93 Stiva
    04 Volvo S80

Comment

When it darts off to the left or right, does the steering wheel turn too? If it doesn't, then you've got bad tie rod ends and/or a bad steering rack. Definitely something to get checked out and repaired as soon as possible.

Comment

yes dave g the steering wheel dont turn but while i was not moving i test the steering wheel with the tires they moves with each other,other thing the car is too bad in water or sand it turns in very strange directions

Comment

I'm going to say it is probably the Tie Rods, I would try replacing them first. Semi inexpensive and pretty easy to replace only expensive part is getting it aligned afterwards... -Kyle
          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

sorry what is ment by tie rods

Comment

They connect the steering rack to the hubs....they are connected to a long threaded rod that goes up to the steering rack. Also check the ball joints for play....they have a tendency to go too and everything seems fine when you are just turning the wheels while you are sitting there. But they will let it walk all over if they are bad.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
              X