Antilock brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antilock brakes

Anyone ever tried installing these on a Festiva? I heard that some of the later Aspires came with them, so would it be possible to install those on a Festy?

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

I'm sure it's "possible," but it may be a lot of work, especially the wiring if you have to integrate an OBD-II ABS system. Then again, I really don't know!

I don't think I've ever recognized an ABS Aspire anywhere. Good luck finding parts!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

i think hte 96/97 models had abs, i know some of them did, as i did a bunch of reading before i got mine, but mine dont, most abs systems use obd2 and we are using obd1 just some thoughts
      2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
      1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
      1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
      http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

There used to be a company called ABSTrax that made aftermarket ABS systems that could be retrofitted to any car.

They might still be around???

Comment

I just got back from test driving my daughter's Cavalier after having to change the master cylinder/ABS system (it's all together). After the most difficult brake bleeding procedure I have ever been through (what a nightmare to get all the air out of the system :x ), I would not add it to a car that doesn't have it.

I don't really care for ABS, if you can't tell when your brakes are on the verge of lock up you shouldn't be driving :shock: (Your car has maximum braking on the verge of lock up ....)
          1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
          1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
          1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
          1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
          1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
          1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
          1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

No ABS is better than crappy 90s ABS. They usually only had one controller, so only the fronts were ABS. They updated and pulsed way too slowly, and came on WAY too early.
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

Working...
            X