will these wheels fit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will these wheels fit??

hey guys i found a set of 16x6.5 rims on ebay, i was wondering if they would be able to fit on the festiva. i noticed that on the cws turbocharged festiva on www.cwstuning.com that car has 15x6.5 rims on it. i was wondering if the 1 inch would make a difference. i was also able to find a 195/40/16 tire that would fit the rim.
    the site for the rim is.

please let me know
    thanks
    vince
    and if they do, would anyone like to buy my rims and tires, they are 14", check them out on my car domain site.
    vincefestiva

16's are to big... youll have no brakes, fender rub, and clearance issues.
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

yeah, just wondering what makes you want 16's? 15's are perfect and 14's are great aswell. Your acceleration time becomes greater with each size wheel you go up even if the 16's are as light as the 14's. I just never understood the want for a larger wheel.

Comment

I rubbed in the rear when loaded while running 165/70/13's.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^^ i have 175/70/13's in the rear right now and rub on large dips with 4 ppl in the car and on just about any dip with 6 ppl in the car (yes, i think festivas seat 6. don't even try to tell me they don't).

i think anything over 14" is perty much over-kill, 15's are OK but they look sorta like 20's on a "normal" car.
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper
            ^^ i have 175/70/13's in the rear right now and rub on large dips with 4 ppl in the car and on just about any dip with 6 ppl in the car (yes, i think festivas seat 6. don't even try to tell me they don't).

i think anything over 14" is perty much over-kill, 15's are OK but they look sorta like 20's on a "normal" car.
            Somebody posted a vid here with like 20 + people piling into a festiva.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

yes but i do this regularly and actually go places!
              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper

My car has 205/50/15 front and 195/50/15 rear and it dont look out place what so ever. But its also lowered some and dont look like a truck.
                  "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

Hey Sho_tyme_psi, do you have any pics??? thanks
                    vincefestiva

Comment

Yeah i have 15x7's with 195/45/15 tires front and back.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if 13" rim and rubber will have enough clearance, and if not, what is the best way to add lift? Budget's limited as I just decided to fix the little guy up and right now I'm focusing on cosmetics. The stock 12s are ratty and full of balance weights, and I either need to purchase new 12s or decent used 13s. I want to get nicer rims and it's my understanding 13s are easier to come by, plus I like the idea of the larger looking rim. Any thoughts?

thanx
                        scoop :shock:
                        Cheers!

Fishtiva

Comment

Working...
                        X