No announcement yet.

Tires For 14's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PU241 is right, it doesn't improve the EPA MPG. However, i know for a fact that the festiva speedometer and the protege speedometer are both based on the same revolutions per mile of 1025... now tell me that the protege and the festiva were designed for the same diameter of tires.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

that's what i've been saying the whole time!!!!!!!!!!! 185/60/14 or equivalent will make things right, i promise.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I know with my 205/60/R13s (which, BTW, noone said would fit a festy) I was tracking along with one of the new civics with the 4" tall digital speedo, and he was apparently on cruise control at 77 and mine was reading 76... the 185/60/R14s that I just installed (which, BTW, people also said wouldn't fit ) are almost 3/4" taller...
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

you can also attribute the differance to the manufacture of the tire. if you do a little research, you'll find that there's segnifigant differances in the actual measurements of a particular size tire between manufactures, i've seen as much as .7" hight differance. i find the most accurate measurement to pay attention to is the revs per mile.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Ahh Gees!! ...Just when I thought this thread was getting informative it goes for a crap!

I have run 205/50/15s on my track car and I knew the speedo was out, (who cares as long as your out front) and 185/60/14s on my street car, the speedo was within 2mph according to my wife tracking me with GPS.

I was thinking of going with the 195/45/14 Proxies but the availability here in Canada is waining.

BTW 'Muscle-car" you must have a death wish if you drive with those in the winter!! :shock:
            Ice Racing is Still a Black art!
            1989 B6 Twin Webber Stud racer (mine)
            1990 B3 Stock Auto racer Welded diff (daughters)
            1991 B3 Stock Rubber class racer (wifeys)
            1993 B6 mustang embarrassing road car (mine)
            1992 B3 Parts car
            Assorted 323's

Comment

Yeah I wish I was driving that around this winter. It was real fun driving around the parking lot. Nah I got the b6 with power steering to toss around while the other car is under the knife. Or my mkIV GTI.
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck
                just outta curiosity why does everyone like going with the skinny little tires all the time?... I love my 205/60/R13s and I'm getting some 185/60/R14s today for my 14" rims... all hail the BIG RUBBER!!! :lol: :lol:
                +1 I'll be rocking my 205/50/15's and it is lowered 8)
                "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

Working...
                X