Adjustable strut bar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable strut bar question

Just installed the adjustable strut bar after modifying the ignition coil bracket. My question is this... how do you know when the bar is properly adjusted?

Thanks
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

When the chassis doesn't flex. The festiva strut mounts are pretty well connected, so it doesn't flex much anyway.

You'd probably only notice the difference on a track.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

Calling it a strut brace isn't 100% accurate, especially if it has jointed ends. What it is really is sort of a pretensioner for the strut towers, which in turn kind of braces them.

The way I set one up is to tighten it up until you can feel a little tension/resistance. The pretty much does it.

Comment

how much did you pay for it?do u have any pics?

Comment

Where did you get it?? I have been looing for one..
          93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Comment

Last I heard, I was talking to someone at FMS and was going to buy a solid one. He told me of their plans and said the adjustable ones were in the works so I waited. I assume that is where it came from or at least where it is available.
            -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by URTOAST
              I bought mine used but I know that it was originally from FMS. There's a photo showing most of it here http://tinyurl.com/2rawvo
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

I really don't think that bar will help very much, but it looks cool.

Comment

^^ Why do you say that?
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca
                    Originally posted by URTOAST
                    I bought mine used but I know that it was originally from FMS. There's a photo showing most of it here http://tinyurl.com/2rawvo
                    I was looking for the old non adjustable one, I think it's built by Cusco, but they only list bars by Chassis number for mazda's... Argg... FMS said they are all out, and shood have some in this month??
                    93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca
                      ^^ Why do you say that?
                      I think the bar will bend and twist more because it's not in direct line with the strut tops. It will help But not as much as a strong direct bar over the towers.

Comment

That makes sense...
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Ian - if you decide to sell it, let me know...
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                          X