fistiva in autocross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fistiva in autocross

hi all i wanna to know what must done in the festiva to enter the autocross what is best tires, brack swap, suspention i wanna to know all things that will improve the car in the track

Tires, aspire rear beam, and lots of driver skill.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

Get the festiva motorsports springs or some other sport springs for the mazda 121 DA or the kia pride. If not try & find some nice coilovers. The ford aspire swap will give you larger brakes & a roll bar in the rear. Good improvement. Dont know if you get those in egypt or not. Some nice sticky tires in the rim size of your preference. For 13" I would get some Yokohama A032R 175/60 R13 they are dot legal competition tires. If you want 14" find something similar for a mazda mx-5 miata.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

thnx for replies i don't find any sport springs here but we have here coil overs but people told me that it is very bad, what is the meaning of aspire beam and the roll bar. i have 14" wheel and tires 185/55 but i tried it in the track it seems not good.also wht abt strut bars any pic. can help me

Comment

^suspension goodies like tein coilover, front strut bar, upgrades durometer mounts...

The aspire was basically the 2nd generation festiva. More rounded shape, larger brakes...
          Heres one on ebay with a few pic's.

I dont know if the mazda 121 DB a.k.a the bubble is the same or not, as we didn't get any mazda 121's over here. Someone else oversea's might be able to chime in.

As far as tires, what brand are you using? Just stating the size is kinda pointless, without a brand.
          Here are a few comp tires from tirerack.

I have some toyo proxies tr-1 in 195/45r14 spec miata uses the Toyo Proxies RA-1. If not the Kumho V700 victoracer are use in auto-X alot.

So there, do some homework.
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

If your just starting but serious about AutoX goto SCCA.com and download the 2007 solo rule book. They have 3 classes for the festiva Stock, Street Prepared, and Prepared. Pick your class first and this will tell you what you can and cannot do. Many local clubs aren't so strict with their rules but
            if you go to regionals, divisionals, or nationals you will have to meet the requirements for your class.

As for setup TIRES ARE EVERYTHING if you have no grip you can't go fast and they are your connection with the planet. Get the best ones you can and some good light weight wheels 13 x 6-7 is probably best. The smaller overall diameter the better (a little extra torque never hurt).

Brakes match them to tires and power 1.3 and street tires I'd just get some AXXIS (PBR) pads and slotted rotors for the front. 1.6 and R compounds, aspire swap and the best pads you can find.

Note: Aspire swap is not legal in street prepared as it requires switching
            from an inboard to outboard Disc. (I'm not sure about prepared)

Suspension KYB GR2 and FMS springs or coilover setup 225 fr and 150-175r. Grab some energy suspension 7/8 roll bar bushings from autozone and a dremel and shape them to fit in the stock brackets (do not use included ones).

Make sure everything works, I would suggest all new bearings and seals and a detailed check of the brake system (replacing front caliper and rear pistons never hurts) and the suspension and steering systems (i.e tie rod ends, control arm bushings and seals. check all bolts and nuts for lightness. Make sure you have 4 count them 4 lug nuts on each wheel (they are pretty anal about this).

This is a basic set up for a street prepared car, enough to learn in and get your feet wet in the world of AutoX. Your appetite for parts will eventually
            become your ultimate doom so start simple. the above setup can be done
            for about 1000 - 1500 depending on current condition and cunningness in
            digging up good deals.

Now Grab your helmet (don't forget your gloves you will NEED them) and go have some fun. (some clubs even have loaner helmets) AutoX is about Driving Skill and Driving Fun you don't need a "race" car or thousands of dollars, just a desire to become a better driver and have a blast.

Oh yeah if your festy is also your daily driver STOP, get another $500 and buy another one to drive around. AutoX will be hard on your little car and getting to work monday is important. It means next sunday you can
            do it again.
            Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
            - Dennis Grant
            FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Guys, keep in mind Ahmed is in EGYPT!

No SCCA club there, methinks. No Aspires, either.

There's not a lot we can help him with, I'm afraid. At least concerning what's available to him.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Your right man, I forgot where he was. But the advice is the same except maybe SCCE.com (JK)
                All he really needs though is a helmet, a car, and a drive to have fun. Good Luck Ahmed.
                Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
                - Dennis Grant
                FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

*Recently registered under this forum, I am based in the Philippines and raced extensively in Autocross. Being a newbie on the forum, I am not familiar with members engaged in Autocross. It would be great help, if any forum member(s) can provide, a sort of referral or a short list of names engaged in Autocross. Hoping the exchange of ideas can better the performance of our race cars. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Your car is beautiful sideways, we would love to see more shots. I have yet to race in auto cross but I would definetely like to get into it. Still have alot of work to do on my car though.

Comment

*Gforcefd, thank you for the compliment, very much appreciated. Im sure, Autocross will be second nature to you, all it requires is to give yourself a chance to join in local Autocross events and I am sure you will succeed. Do you have photos of your ride?

By any chance you know fellow member engaged in autocross? many thanks for the assistance.

Comment

I have been AutoX'ing my Festiva since 2004... -Kyle
                        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

*SilverBullet, pleased to meet you on the forum. Under what class/category do you participate in? Is your Festiva heavily modified from engine to suspension? Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                          X