Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn people with Aspire Brakes... GI in a Group Buy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn people with Aspire Brakes... GI in a Group Buy...

I am really trying to upgrade my pads on my Festiva w/the Aspire brake upgrade. A few companies I have contacted are now getting back to me saying 10-15 units would have to be produced in order to custom produce performance street pads for us. I was thinking either Carbotech or Hawk pads for the front. I will try and get some pricing this week but am trying to see how many people would be into purchasing a set or 2. Our options are limited and I am just trying to broaden our possibilities... Please let me know if you are even the slightest bit intrigued by the idea. -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

I need new pads for the little blue anyway so I might be interested but I'd need to know at least a ballpark figure on price before I can commit to anything.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

EBC makes green, yellow, and redstuff pads for the aspire.
      OX SMASH!!

Comment

Here's the Tire Rack's listings for the Ford Aspire:

Note that the Brembo rotors are one dollar cheaper for the ATX versions than the MTX, while the ATE Premium slotted rotors were $24 each for the MTX and $50 each for the ATX!

Akebono ProAct Premium Ceramic pads are $48 a pair. Would these be good with the ATE slotted rotors? Those rotors have a nice protective coating as well, and are not drilled--just slotted.

Here's a link to Greenstuff pads:

AJ-USA offers a wide selection of performance and OEM automotive parts for your car, truck, suv, motorcycle or watercraft. In business since 1976 you can trust us to provide you with top service and the lowest available prices!

And a link to all three EBC pads:

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks Karl, I'll let you know how I like the EBC Reds... They are still processing my order now.. -Kyle
          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

I think I ordered a set of EBC Green-Stuff pads for my Festiva a few years ago. I never picked them up... oops!
            * Retired Festiva-er*
            1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
            B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

AXXIS Brakes Formerly known as PBR Makes some Carbon metallic front aspire pads but only offers their Deluxe organic for the festiva
              Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
              - Dennis Grant
              FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Thanks Kyle. I'd like to know how they do. I have some kind of premium ceramics on Luxstiva's Aspire brakes and they do just fine with minimal dust.

For Speedstiva I'll want to maximize all the performance attributes! I think the MTX Aspire brakes are large enough, but I also want the best components to go on them.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                X