Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want some of these coilovers for the festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want some of these coilovers for the festiva?

I've been talking (email) with these people for a little while, & i conviced them their might be a large enough market to produce a run of festiva apllications. Especially when I told him about the oversea's cars that are compatable.

They would like 5 people as stated below.
    Dunno if these "group buy's" ever work but for those who envy 25horseplay & his tein adjustables, here might be a chance. It's probally around $1200, by the price of their other app's.

If you find approx 5 customers interested, we can talk to some of our distributors about making this application.

Thanks,

Ksport Suspension Company

info@ksportusa.com

Please visit us on the web at www.ksportusa.com

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, March 5, 2007 7:23 PM
    To: info@ksportusa.com
    Subject: Possible product applications

Are you able to make a set of Ksport Kontrol Pro Fully Adjustable Coilover for applications not listed?
    I'm interested in a set for a Ford Festiva. I know it might sound silly, but I'm seroiusly interested in a set of coilovers. Tein made some a few years back, but I cant find any of them, domestically or overseas.

There might be a market for these internationally too. The Ford Festiva started off as a mazda 121 oversea's in 1987. It was made under the mazda name till 1990. The Kia Pride was introduced in 1991 & produced until 2002 in the U.K., germany, & korea. The ford festiva was replaced here in america with the ford aspire in 1994. In austrailia it was still called the festiva till 1997.

So an application list would be as follows

Ford festiva 1988-1997
    Ford Aspire 1994-1997
    Kia Pride 1991-2002
    Mazda 121 1986-1990

I can send you the stock suspension from a festiva to build a set of coilovers from. Also I think I can get a few other orders set-up for a small group buy.

Thanks for your time & I hope we can do business together.

The thorn in my side is from the tree I planted. If speed kills, then I shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

I had KSports on my Sentra SER. They are alright, but a little stiff and could use a little more development than what KSport seems to be willing to put into a ~$1000 product. My front dampers failed within 6 months...

FWIW, the GB for the Sentra set was about $700. Granted I'm sure they expected to sell many more sets than they would for the Festy.

Comment

Count me in. Money is ready.
      Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

holly cow i need to find a bag of money

Comment

I'd try a couple of the other suspension companies first. You might even contact Tein to see if they still have the specs and tooling for their Mazda 121 product. If we can line up enough people to go in on it, it could be easier for Tein to do another run than for another company to start from scratch.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yes it would be much easier to start where there alreasy was a market. I'm such a tool. Why reinvent the wheel?

Hey 25horseplay wanna help us out & figure out what the suspension came from & what type. What was needed to make them fit the festiva?
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

i know a few here who'd be interested :wink:

Comment

As far as I know the Teins I have are made for the Festiva. FMS imports them I believe (maybe from Japan?) they bolt right into the stock location. Whats wrong with buying them from FMS? They are chaeper then $1,200 only $895.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

ONLY
                  Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

i was under the impression that the teins that FMS offers now are not the adjustable model that they used to be able to get. i am assuming there is no means to vary the rates of compression or rebound. is that worth the extra cost? interested on input and opinions.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^ I was understanding the same thing

Comment

i'd also like to know more about those teins for the festy/pride.

Comment

Alright, here's the deal..

Brian has the last set of adj Teins that FMS sold. No, they don't make them any longer, and they never were for a Festiva, 121 or Pride. Try Demio. The ones available now are only for the Demio Wagon. They will fit the Festiva,121 and Pride, but they are non adjustable. FMS buys in quantity at least 5 sets at a time.. Since they already have an account with Tein, and have already purchased over 10k in sets over the years, my question is this. If they won't bring them back for a known buying commercial customer, why would they do it for a few Festiva enthusiasts?

Comment

Well, We have considered carrying Stock on the Adjustable(EDFC) and non dampening adjustable coilovers for Canadian customers, as its a hassle to import products from the states.

By the way they also make higher rate lowering springs in 2 models for are cars.

Canadian guys are welcome to do a group purchase through us for coilovers and springs.

Comment

Working...
                            X