Civic Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civic Coilovers

I just bought some Civic Coilovers for my Festiva. I want to know if I can use regular Festiva struts for this or do I have to get high performance struts? Thanks for the help
    5 Festys and counting!!
    1993 GL auto 126,000mi
    1991 red 5-speed B6T G25 swap in progress 255,000mi
    1990 white 5-speed/Aspire swap daily driver 273,000 mi.
    1989 silver 4-speed parts car
    1989 white auto El Festivo
    1992 Chevy Silverado K1500 soon to have 383 stroker
    1999 Mercury Sable
    1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi Supercharged For Sale

I would buy new ones,I have new ones and the car wont stay on the road so old wore ones would be bad.
    "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

the civic coil overs are so overly stiff, no convential festiva strut is going to make a difference. I have Gr2's and they don't seem to make a difference.

Comment

I have KYB Supers and just recieved my GC coils today 250 in/lb front 200 in/lb rear.. I will let you know when they are on the car... -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Silv3rBull3t
          I have KYB Supers and just recieved my GC coils today 250 in/lb front 200 in/lb rear.. I will let you know when they are on the car... -Kyle
          whats the price?? keep us posted I have gotta change befor I get myself killed.
          "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

I paid $349 shipped w/the custom rates from RedShiftMotorsports.com (awesome ppl) -Kyle

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

I have civic coils on GR2's and they are bumpy as hell. when there is mad weight and people int he back the ride is good but otherwise i get thrown out of my seat a lot of times
              1992 Festiva
              2002 Jetta 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by Silv3rBull3t
                I paid $349 shipped w/the custom rates from RedShiftMotorsports.com (awesome ppl) -Kyle
                You do realize that for the cost of those and shocks you could had Tein's?

3kg front 2kg rear rates but you could run up to 5kg front and 4kg rear and still stay within the dampers field.

Comment

Yes but I am now actually going to go with custom valved struts and 400in/lb front 350in/lb rear next AutoX season... 5K is only ~280 in/lb... Not stiff enough for me. -Kyle

Comment

Working...
                  X