Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASPIRE brake swap, out at the junkyard now(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASPIRE brake swap, out at the junkyard now(?)

What I'm wondering is when doing the Aspire brake upgrade are there additional Aspire parts beyond the short list I might be interested in having from this pristine '97 with 112,000 miles almost? Either to enhance the brake swap upgrade such as the front anti-sway bar, and/or add to my '91 Festiva 5-speed generally.(radio antennae, carpet, seats, spare wheel & tire of course, fastners, the SONY stereo tape-deck even sorts of stuff, etc.)

Here is what I'm now pulling:

-Hub/spindle assembleys
    -Calipers
    -Tie-rod ends
    -Rotors
    -Trailing arm with Drums/Hub assembly attached with metal and rubber brakelines in place.(does this mean the whole rear axle beam, etcetera and if so what all should I snag?)
    -E-brake cables
    -Wheels & tires.(I'm first going to see if perhaps I might have alternate holes drilled in my 13" '87 Mazda 323 rims I've already gotten powder-coat painted a purplish-pink color to contrast excellently with the car's SkyBlue color...there are some pretty good photos in my member profile as "bobstad" at <http://www.tribe.net>)

I got one Hub/Spindle assembley off yesterday, and once I'm done getting the Aspire brake swap parts I plan to pull the timing belt cover pieces which are nice, since mine came from the original owner very heat-distorted for some mysterious reason.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

I've seen aspire seats in a festy. Spare wheel is a nice idea since the festy spare wont work anymore.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
    X