Aspire master cylinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire master cylinder?

well, i was just sitting here ("doing" physics) and a thought crossed my mind...
    I remember reading someone said when you do the brake swap on your stiva you should grab the Aspire master cylinder as well, b/c it was a larger bore and would improve the braking...

so, if you can just bolt it on, couldn'tcha put it on in replacement of the festiva one w/o doing the swap for a slight improvement? it seems like a verry easy $10-15 project that anyone could do, unless i'm missing something here...

obviously this wouldn't be near as good as replacing everything, but for people who don't want to do the whole swap it may been an improvement!
    Nate
    ----------
    Personal Gallery: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/alb...hp?user_id=122

the travel needed to brake would be less and I dunno if the proportionning valves are the same in that MC.... it would be easier to lock up the wheels but if you don't have any problem with you curent setup I would'nt go thru all the bleeding involved....
    '96 Aspire
    '91 Lx Gone...

Comment

might as well go the whole 9 and get the 929 one. 1" bore vs the 3/4" (or maybe its even less than that) of the assfires.

u'd be talkin hardcore then. 1mm of pedal travel to fully lock them up = awesome!
      Wil
      02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
      00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
      05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
      93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
      96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
      93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

heh, OK... i was just wondering

so if you do the brake swap and don't swap teh cylinder would there be problems, or not such a big deal?.... :?:
        Nate
        ----------
        Personal Gallery: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/alb...hp?user_id=122

Comment

Wouldn't you run into problems if you had the 929 MC, I'd think the brakes would be very touchy.

might be something to look into for my stoppie car though.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

you wanna do stoppies disconnect the rear brakes all together and put aspire brakes on the front with the 929 master cylinder. weeeeeeee
            Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
            1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
            1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
            2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

darpiens 93 GL has the assfire swap w/performance pads, new rotors and bearings and still has the stock master cylinder.

THe fact the car is so light seems to help with the fact it has a small ass master cylinder, although the drivers front tire tends to lock up before any other tires for some reason.
              Wil

Comment

My front right locks before the others. The freeway exit here has a bunch of tiny 4" black strips from me now. I actually can't lock any tire at above 35mph, and only the front right ever locks, except on gravel.
                OX SMASH!!

Comment

If only one tire locks, you're pads are probably contaminated on that one.

Comment

nope, it has to do with the legnth of the lines in relation to the cylinder.

all the pads on darpiens car are brand new and the shit still locks.

although since he's put some falken ZEIX 512 tires on, he can't lock them up nearly as easily.....those tires rock
                    Wil

Comment

A different MC won't make you stop faster (unless the proportioning is different/better for your weight bias and tires).

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Working...
                      X