Aspire rear hub/brake assy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire rear hub/brake assy.

Does anyone know if the Aspire rear hub and drum assembly bolts onto the Festiva trailing arm? Can't see why they'd change the bolt pattern, but you never know.

Jim

the aspire trailing arm has a swaybar so you may as well put the whole thing in
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

It would be 10x easier to swap the entire bar... you'd be doing 6 bolts instead of swapping out the rest of the parts.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

True, it's easier, but I'm looking at the potential of saving a few bucks at the moment. The car budget is getting thin, and my current brakes and wheel bearings are SHOT.

Really, this is kind of a worst case scenario kind of question. I'd rather swap in the whole mess, too.

Jim

Comment

Now I am curious wether or not it you can use the aspire hubs on the festiva i-beam or not.

Comment

I believe this was tried and only 2 holes lined up.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

yes htch_bck has done it and had to drill some new holes, however he did it and it worked...
              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i think you guys have a bucks auto jy in calgary. there price for a rear beam with everything + wheels is $80... not too bad

when i got mine they it to me for 50 because im there all the time and know the guys there :p
                89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                RIP 90LX

Comment

Ugh, Buck's in Calgary. They used to be a very good yard, bu the last few years have seen them decline very badly. They've got maybe 20 cars in the yard, and they're teetering on edge. Not terribly safe.

PnP usually runs about 2000 cars.

Jim

Comment

i like the locally owned and operated jy because they give you a discount or free small items as pnp you are charged for everything.
                    example pigtail wire $1.00

Comment

left to right the spindle stud mounting holes in the twist beam are identically spaced on the aspire and festiva but the bottom to top holes are about 1/8" farther apart center to center on the aspire beam

Comment

Now that's some precise information. Perfect!

As for PnP charging for every little thing....that's what your pockets are for.

Comment

Working...
                        X