For those who run slicks autocross/drag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who run slicks autocross/drag

Just taking a show of hands to who has ran the biggest (widest) tire.

i plan on getting some 22.5 x 7.5 x 13 hoosiers r25a if money permits

Woot....just scored a whole set for 195 shipped to my door!! YES, EBAY
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

I have a set of 20" x 9.5" x 13 hoosiers I got from a autoX buddy, look like they will fit if I
    run a 13x7 wheel with 4" BS. I have trimmed off the original spring perches when I installed
    my coilovers so i got an extra 1.25" of inner clearance. I think Kyle said he was running
    215/50 x 13 and only had rubbing with 2 people in the car. since his are a little over 8" wide
    your 7.5's should clear without to much trouble. His Latest pics show he left the perch intact. - Chris
    Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
    - Dennis Grant
    FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

sweet mine should be here before next friday, which is drag day down at perris,CA I'm gonna be running mine on those civic VX rims which are now painted red. I'm throwing to slicks on the vx's and 2 on the apachie's. I'll just run sumitomos for back tires.

Comment

are your r25a...the softest compound also??

Comment

yeah thats the compound. I still need to find a cheap set of wheels but Aero sold out of the overstock
          they had.
          Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
          - Dennis Grant
          FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Yeah, I'm running 215/50/13's on 13x8 Diamond Racing wheels... The actual tread width is 8.5" on a 7" wide wheel so I would imagine just a bit wider.. Congrats on getting the Hoosiers!!

Chris, you know running straight bias ply tires only permits you to run in a Prepared class at SCCA events right?? Either way it would be worth it, just that you probably would not have any competition.. -Kyle
            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

My car is Prepared (actually I should be running XP which is basically an outlaw class). I had gutted
              the car and tossed most of the interior before I got an SCCA rule book. I am currently running FSP
              because the club I run with is not actually SCCA and when I showed at the first event they classed
              me without ever looking at the car. I plan on switching to XP after the next event when I get booted
              from the novice class. My car is completely illegal as far as Street Prepared is concerned its just that
              nobody really cares in my club. The problem running XP is not lack of competition but that in a class
              where the only thing you can't do is change driveline orientation (i.e FWD to RWD) I am completely
              underpowered and overweight. I need another 75 horses and a 200 lb diet. Overall though I am more
              worried about what a 9.5" slick will due to my driveline, with that much grip I can already hear
              the shearing of metal inside my tranny. - Chris
              - Dennis Grant
              FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Eh slicks aren't going to tear your tranny up, you don't have enough power to worry about any of that. Put 'em on and have fun!!! -Kyle
                Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Working...
                X