traction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traction

ok i need to get better traction.. right now i have the FMS suspention front and back.. i do not have aspire swap... but other than that what else can i do for traction? kinda vague i know but i would like any ideas i can get to try and get my b6t festiva to catch traction.... please pm me an idea's.
    1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
    festiva turbo b18 project
    2001 BMW 325i
    1996 ford F-150 sold

LSD will solve your problems and make you very happy!

Comment

yea id say so. but do you know fo anything else?

also how much does the front strut tower bar help out for traction? im in themiddle of making one.. but wanted to know how big of a differance it will be?
      1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

2001 BMW 325i
      1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

also would i be better off replacing my rear fms srpings with some nice stiffer ones? if so which should i look for?

2001 BMW 325i
        1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

have a custom traction bar made like you see on all of the fast fwd hondas and such.

Comment

how well does it work.. and how did you make it? i was thinking of trying it but didnt know how to go about it.

2001 BMW 325i
            1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

It basically gets rid of any wheel hop which equals alot better traction, I havent made one yet but I will be checking out honda-tech when the time comes and then going about making one.

Comment

well if i dont have one by then lemme know what you come up with

2001 BMW 325i
                1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

i remember years ago chrysler used an adustble pinnion snubber that bolted on to of the differntail and when you gassed it it whould hit the bottom of the floorboard preventing wheel hop

Comment

hmm any pics of one? or where to get one?

2001 BMW 325i
                    1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

These are the only two I can find.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

very nice looking one anomoly. I would also recomend filling the engine mounts.

Comment

how would we make one of those bars? I would love to install one on my car.

Comment

Well I found those on honda tech and it basically bolts to the top of the Ball joint to limit the wheel from hopping all over, it also looks like it limits front suspension travel a bit too.

I'm guessing have a removable bar go across the front of the car that has two little bars going to the balljoint. Youd have to get one that was solid instead of grease filled and have a little flat piece go under it.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

The main benefit you recieve from having a traction bar is it doesn't allow the lower control arm to travel backwards when launching, instead it keeps it stiff and forward which essentialy eliminates wheel hop when teamed with some nice solid/ semi-solid mounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X