"Grub" - the build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Grub" - the build thread

Grub is the car I put together about a year ago to take to Insanity 2018. I hadn't posted a build thread yet, but finally had time to compile some of the info. It's a pretty basic BP+G, coilovers, etc. with pictures of all my mounts, frame notching, and so forth. I put everything together in a .pdf, since hosting pictures and the forum haven't been real reliable lately, so this way I have one document that's easier to keep track of. If you have time to kill give it a read, it's mostly just pictures!
    Download here:

~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Awesome Build Thread.

This gives me some insight on what it is going to take to throw a BP into the The Rusty Banana. Luckily I don't have to worry about moving the engine forward.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

If you don't move the engine forward you'll have to box/bash the firewall (or use a turbo intake). Matt Swabb's original thread had good pictures of that setup.
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Bashing that car will not be an issue. I still need to find a Manual Throttle Body though and finish my white car first.
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Nice job Nate!
          '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
          '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
          '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I'm proud and im sure Mr. Mays is too of what that car turned out to be. Would like to hear about 2019 insanity results. Best of luck. Madness 10 trailor car.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Comment

knuckleheads. lol

Comment

Working...
              X