Lightning, My 93 festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning, My 93 festiva build

So what do you do when you Buy a Ford Festiva that you find out has a externally blown head gasket. blowing fumes and soot in your engine bay
    You buy a 94 mazda mx3 with a good solid runnin motor with 186 000 km...that rear ended someone.... from a scrap dealer and you put the engine in your festiva!

Ive wanted to start this thread for a while about my build,,, to share about swapping in the entire mx3 B6D engine with the F series transmission. Also what im doing with the suspension and various other stuff.

Ive already done a few things, Swapped in new seats out of a 05 Kia Rio, fabricated some mounts for them to bolt in.
    Did some body work on a big dent on the drivers side rear wheel well. and been busy gathering/ordering parts and getting all the metal I need to fab up custom pieces that are needed.

So the suspension in the front I'm using Koni yellow adjustable struts, mounted in some custom strut tubes Im making, with coilover sleeves and 2.5in ID 150lb black magic springs from southwest speed, and the Ultimate street suspension setup for the rear, which your all familiar with, but using 135lb springs

I have swapped over the entire wiring harness from the mx3 into the festiva and have 85% of it fastened in its place, just have to cut out some of the excess length and solder it back together... for the headlights mainly

I have the engine out of the mx3, and I am currently working on moving forward the front lower motor mount and fabbing up new brackets to weld to the rear mount
    I know the mount is crooked, it was just held up to get a rough idea for measurement, still going to move it forward about a 1/4 inch.

The F series transmission is a wide one, with the front motor mount moved forward as far as i can get it, it leaves around an inch of clearance from the steering rack at the back

so thats where im at so far, I'll update as i do more.
    Hope ya enjoy

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Sorry, I don’t know how I got two Threads up but this one should be deleted.
    im not familiar with most of you on here but thanks to whomever could take care of it.

Comment

Working...
    X