Fester III - Third Times The Charm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fester III - Third Times The Charm?

Well its been a while (try 5 years) since Fester II decided to lose all its oil in my driveway. At the time it needed other re sealing so I decided to park it and look for a B6/B8 to swap in. If I was going to pull the engine I would rebuild it, if I'm going to rebuild something it might as well be better. Well living in Northern British Columbia is a little different than when I was in Vancouver. The only junk yard closed soon after moving here. The next closest one is 600 kms/373 miles away and is terrible. Life also gets in the way and a new house and renovations take priority. This past year has been and big one in more ways than just COVID. New job and a separation means I have more spare time and a little spare funds. Right about the time Fester II took a dive a co-worker had just picked up a Festiva from a relative who I believe bought it new. I let her know at the time if she ever wanted to part with it let me know. She had it for several years until recently she messaged me about selling it. She posted it on the Festiva Facebook page and I sat back to think if I wanted to get back into the game. Being where we are she didn't have a lot of traction on it and it didn't sell. I messaged her after a couple of weeks to take a look. Well one spin around the the block and a trip to the DMV and it was mine. So with out further ado I present Fester III! 1992 GL Sport. 5 speed. 242kms/150k miles. It needs some love in the form of a good exterior detail but has very little rust and is easily reparable. It has had a few leaks water develop in recent time in the form of taillight gaskets, grubby rear quarter glass rubber and such. I have so far gave the inside a good drying and cleaned and hopefully rejuvenated the quarter glass seals. New taillight gaskets will need to be ordered. I plan on doing a similar suspension set up to Fester II. 323 KYB front struts and Aspire KYB rears. I may run a softer spring this time around as I had 175/150 last time around when I frequently autocross the car. This time around as I have no access to any racing and I plan on making this a fun summer car I am leaning to a 150/125 spring set up. I have already ordered new control arms/bushings/ tie rods etc to replace all the originals. Brakes are in good enough shape for the moment. The B3 has its typical oil leaks but none are severe and the car uses almost no oil and pulls as hard as a B3 should. So a regular tune up is in order for now. My 13" phone dials are still in good shape and will be swapped with new rubber along with some trim from the old car as well.

Last edited by leapin; 01-25-2021, 12:36 AM.

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT
Working...
X