mingun engine removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mingun engine removal

Had to make a choice today, to pull the engine / tranny in my garage or on the trailer. I went and did it on the trailer because I think i was going to run out of over head space.

Its just like in a taurus. Drop the sub frame and jack up the car. Then drive the trailer back and drop the car in front of it. I built the subframe attachment points as a bolt together affair, the origianl shoguns were welded in and to get out the driveline you had to cut the welds.

Well now its time to pull down the tranny install the quafie /clutch and rod bearings. Im going to drive it this summer on the stock 3.0 while I build its 3.3. I drove the car before I yanked out the drivline and it drove tested fine so Im goin to leave it alone. I have to weld a couple spots I couldnt get to with the engine istalled. I also have to replace the control arms and bushings while its apart. Its going to be a busy week.

money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Looking good!!

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Mike,
      I was wondering how things were going....
      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

slowly !!!

My new job that promissed me week ends off is working me every weekend. The plant manager made the call that all PMs are to be done on week ends so it put me working 12 days straight then 2 days off, then it starts over

I have an interview on Wednsday
        money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Working...
        X