minigun gets a Quaife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minigun gets a Quaife

The tranny for the SHO has one major design flaw, the differential. It is held togher with small roll pins that can break, when they do the cross pins eject from the side gears and exit out through the case side, say good by to your tranny.

There are two fixes, one you weld supports onto the pins , its cheap and it works but its still an "open" style rear. The next option is a Quaife, http://www.quaife.co.uk/What-is-a-Qu...B-differential not cheap and hard to come by for the SHO. Quaife only makes a run of 25 ( or more) when they have enough prepaid buyers waiting. Last year I got on the tail end of this and got the last one. So until atleast another 25 people can come up with the cost ( $1300.00 each ) no more SHO Quaifes differentials.

The other bad part is all the syncros are obsolite, sometimes you have to go through a couple trannys to get a good set. Luckly my tranny had low miles and everything was okay in it.

So anyway the projrect is moving along, stuff is going back together as it gets blasted and painted. All the welding and fabrication is done. so its mostly bolt together stuff for the next few weeks.

Last edited by NovaSS; 05-24-2008, 12:24 PM.
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

My uncle got one for his SHO, now its grabs so much it changes lanes on its own in 1st and 2nd under WOT. Still better than one tire fire!

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Looking Sweet Buddy keep up the top work....

Craig....
      1993 Ford Festiva
      Under going Surgery

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097069

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
        The tranny for the SHO has one major design flaw, the differential. It is held togher with small roll pins that can break, when they do the cross pins eject from the side gears and exit out through the case side, say good by to your tranny.
        ah, the number of MTX-IVs I replaced because of that pinion shaft...
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
        X