minguns fuel system in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minguns fuel system in

I unbolted the caster/camber plates, cleaned it up a little and sprayed it with silver hammer tone paint. got most of the brakes line ran too. I have to finish the mount for the pump and the roll over check valve need to be installed. A few more hours work and I get to start on the cooling system. should be simple..... ya right.

money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

lookin great as always!!
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Originally posted by Kraig View Post
      lookin great as always!!
      i agree

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

NovaSS, Beautiful. Can you point me to a link on how you did your front suspension?
        Thanks.
        CZ

Comment

No links yet, when its all done I do a web page. The front end was the hardest part to figure out.

It use 1994 SHO taurus spindles, 1999 SHO 11.6" brakes, the outer part of the axles. The hole for the strut was bored to 2" so I could drop the strut down into it to lower the ride height. The ball joint hole was reamed to 3/4" and I made a bushing to match the festiva ball joint (3/4" to 5/8" ). I used aspire out tire rod ends and tapered bushing to match them up. (7 degree to 10 degree) I converted the struts to coil overs, used mustang adjustable camber / caster plates on top. The springs were from a mitata coil over set (550 lbs per inch I think ). Besides that the fornt end is stock
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Awesome! Just awesome.

Filling up under the hood will bring some looks, too

Are you going to run a vac line all the way from the back of the car for the brake booster?
            ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

How many Gallons?
              Steve GT

Comment

I noticed the speedo cable, or what's left of it, hanging out of the firewall. How are you going to set that up? Are you going electronic or are you going to hook it up to one of the front wheels?

Just wondering...
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

It will have a vacuum line form back to front for the booster

16 gallon tank

The gauges will be indash units and will be electric, The speedo will be trigger off the front hub or rear cv shaft.

Last edited by NovaSS; 09-24-2008, 06:22 AM.
                  money pit

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
                    No links yet, when its all done I do a web page. The front end was the hardest part to figure out.

It use 1994 SHO taurus spindles, 1999 SHO 11.6" brakes, the outer part of the axles. The hole for the strut was bored to 2" so I could drop the strut down into it to lower the ride height. The ball joint hole was reamed to 3/4" and I made a bushing to match the festiva ball joint (3/4" to 5/8" ). I used aspire out tire rod ends and tapered bushing to match them up. (7 degree to 10 degree) I converted the struts to coil overs, used mustang adjustable camber / caster plates on top. The springs were from a mitata coil over set (550 lbs per inch I think ). Besides that the fornt end is stock
                    Thanks. Mostly curious how you handled the FWD spindles w/o half shafts. Looks like the car is being set up for drag racing so you're probably not too concerned about unsprung weight. Anxious to see the pix. Looks like your a real craftsman.

Comment

I pulled down two normal SHO front axles so only the splined section that rides on the bearings was left, I pressed these into the wheel hubs and put the spindle nut back on the outside. I could have turned them down a little in the lathe to make the lighter.. maybe later.

Unsprung weight is an issue, to go to a lighter rotor and hat set up would be very expensive, same with cobra/ mustang calipers. maybe in the future.

The front end is copied from an original SHOGUN ( except they used 10" disc and I went to 11.6" ) and they pulled 1+ Gs and ran lap times of the the old 427 cobras at Watkins Glen so it should handle okay.
                      Last edited by NovaSS; 09-24-2008, 01:29 PM.
                      money pit

Comment

i was hoping to see tons of build pictures when you finally done this car, considering how you haven't shown "too" much so far, enough to keep us Drooling though so i'm looking forward to your website when that comes time to be created

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

My fav build ever. I liked the way people doubted you, and you didn't care and kept spilling tiny lil bits.. ignoring the doubters...quite a showman, and this is turning out to be a heck of a car...
                          Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
                          http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
                          My Garage Page:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

There must be 300 pics on my computer for this project, I have about 50 on photobucket. I have only posted pics at the major turning points.

Most of the hard fabrication is done. There has been delays, a vaction throw in and I spent MONTHS getting last minute engines parts together. I finished up the brakes today, the fuel system is done, it passed a presure test today so I can bolt down the last few parts on the intake.

I have a cable for the throttle but have been thinking of using a hydraulic system, two cylinders ( rams), one at the throttle body and the other at the gas pedal connected by a single line. Ill check it out over the next couple of days. I have started put the wiring back in and connecting the computer, this should be fun
                            money pit

Comment

let me know if need help with the computer. I'm not that far away, and have access to factory info and tools, you know...

(not to mention I teach this stuff...)
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X