Festiva progression thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva progression thread

Well since I got my latest festy and started work on it, I decided I wanted to make a thread to track my progress. It will probably be slow going, but I just want to use this to see the transformation, and let everyone else see as well. So I started with this gross, swamp filled festiva....

As you can see, it needed some love. Driver's side window was busted out, and plenty of rain, mud, and animals of some sort made the car their home for who knows how long. The car didn't run, so I had it towed home and went to work. Replaced the plugs, wires, and fuel pump from an aspire and got her running! I had to remove the entire interior to clean and pressure wash the carpet and scrub down everything. On the first day driving it, she broke down! Tracked the problem down to the ignition coil and replaced that too. Now it was time to start adding some goodies. Put in a tach cluster, int. wiper, clear/red taillights, clear camry bumper lights, painted wheels black, tinted the windows, added some Mx-3 seats, Bride knock off steering wheel, full console, type r shift boot, civic short shifter, skunk2 shift knob, land rover e-brake handle and boot, black protege window cranks and interior door handles, black floor mats from a cavalier, and protege power mirrors. Here is what she's looking like now...

I'll take better pics and update as often as possible. I'm in the process of spraying portions of the mx-3 seats black since they were an ugly faded blue. It's turning out nice so far. I'm thinking about using some sem interior dye to do parts of the dash/interior black as well. I also have a few other goodies sitting in the garage waiting to be added Anyway, hope you guys enjoy!!
    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 04-01-2009, 08:14 PM.
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Looks nice. That blue is my favorite Festy color - it's just the right color for the car.

Have you found that the dye rubs off the seats easily? I've thought about dying a pair of seats before, but I was afraid that when I got sweaty it would bleed off onto my pants.

Keep the pics coming as it progresses!

Comment

Nice progress! Look foward to seeing more.
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I just did the seat the other day and haven't had a chance to really sit in it. I used the duplicolor spray on it, but wish I had used the sem brand as I've heard really good things about it. I'll probably use sem on the driver's side and see how it works
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

How did you mount your seats? Got any pics of the mounts themselves?
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

nice keep up the good work
            92 capri non turbo

Comment

Good progress! You get a good deal I bet. Looks like you've been able to keep things easy on the pocket while being nicely done. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                How did you mount your seats? Got any pics of the mounts themselves?
                They still aren't sitting exactly how I want, but I just need to tweak it a little bit. I used a combination of the mx-3 mounts, some mounts I cut off the crappy festy seats, spare nuts, bolts, washers, and had to do a little drilling...
                Driver's front outside mount...Cut off mx-3 mount and bolted festy mount to the rail..

Driver's side rear...enlarged outside hole. Used mx-3 mount, festy mount, bolt and washers on inside

Passenger side front, same as driver's...

Passenger side rear, also same as driver's...

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                Good progress! You get a good deal I bet. Looks like you've been able to keep things easy on the pocket while being nicely done. Keep it up!
                Thanks! Yeah, I got a pretty good deal and I'm trying to make it look nice while keeping it fairly low cost
                Last edited by lanemeyer14; 04-02-2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Another small update. Went to the JY today looking for anything cool. Stumbled on a car that had a pretty nice front bumper that kinda reminded me of the ATH kit. I decided to get it, and spent the day making it fit the festy. Took me all day, but I think it turned out awesome! I still need to make some brackets or something, but it fits great and I was even able to use the lower mounting brackets. Not sure what I'm gonna do about the bumper signals. One of them was missing but they wouldn't fit properly anyway due to the festy bumper support being in the way. I think I'll stop back by the yard tomorrow and pick up the rear bumper too. They should look really good when painted. Also test fitted my clear kia pride corner lights, they still need to be wired up though. Enjoy!

Comment

what car?
                    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

That looks way unique!! Nice work!!

What kind of car did you snag that from?
                      1989 Red L- The Baron
                      www.letstalkbeatles.com
                      Link to Baron Pics:
                      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Isuzu Stylus...That be pretty good for a BP-T Festy instead of hacking the bumper!!!
                        The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket View Post
                          Isuzu Stylus...That be pretty good for a BP-T Festy instead of hacking the bumper!!!
                          Man, you're good! Yeah, you could probably fit an intercooler in there and make it look nicer than a hacked up festy bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                            Man, you're good! Yeah, you could probably fit an intercooler in there and make it look nicer than a hacked up festy bumper.
                            Yeah, that's because I was a hardcore Isuzu fan some time ago, even if logic prevented me to buy one...I even was an active member of Isuzuperformance.com; so with a lineup of 6 vehicles (not counting its GM counterparts) it's pretty easy to remember them. Them being pretty different from anything else on the road also helps!!!
                            The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Looks really good!
                              -Josh R

Comment

Working...
                              X