No announcement yet.

Big_ty2003's 1993 L Festy Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that cool, but i would be a bit worried about how they welded it on.... if they didnt heat the metal up and use the wire or rod its gonna crack off in no time did they use the manifold for any time?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• He paid a shop to weld it. The welds look pretty legit. No, I don't think it ever got installed.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

• maybe I'll put some pics up when I get home.

Comment

• 1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

• wow those welds look nice lets hope they hold

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Thinking about picking up his GTR intake from him too. I already have a GTX one, I don't know if it would really be worth it to sell my GTX and buy the GTR. Considering I think there is a limit to how much HP you can put through a festiva and have it still be "drivable".

What do you think squatch?

Comment

• to much horsepower is never enough

and who is squatch??? lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

• just messing with Sasquatch... those are some funny commercials.

Comment

• Is it just me or does the flange look like a bunch of gaskets smashed together? lol

And is there a bunch of extra metal in the outlet of it too?
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• The "bunch of metal" is the divider inside the manifold. It is basically a short equal length tube header.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                        Thinking about picking up his GTR intake from him too. I already have a GTX one, I don't know if it would really be worth it to sell my GTX and buy the GTR. Considering I think there is a limit to how much HP you can put through a festiva and have it still be "drivable".

What do you think squatch?
                        Squatch sounds like a bad after-burrito experience! As far as the HP, I gotta say AWD would be the only way to harness uber power, and I still think your rear wheels would be lifting the car off the ground.
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Gauges

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                          Has anyone ever put gauges or made a gauge pod where the dash clock would go?
                          Ty,
                          I was thinking the same thing. I picked up a couple extra clock bezels, then started looking for gauges. The smallest I found were 1 1/2 inch. Still to big to fit in the bezel, the way I wanted them to fit. Would have to make egg shaped humps in the top of the bezel to cover all of the gauges. May try it, don't know for sure though.
                          Chuck
                          Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                          If money will fix it, it's not broken
                          91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                          93 GL - Lil Red
                          91 L - Tweetystiva
                          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

• Yeah that is pretty much the way I was thinking. just utilizing the space where the clock would go and making a custom gauge pod.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                              Yeah that is pretty much the way I was thinking. just utilizing the space where the clock would go and making a custom gauge pod.
                              Someone on here was doing that but I can't rememver who, I think it may have been sasquatch but I'm not sure.
                              '90 LX

Comment

• hey if you dont want the gtr intake manifold you can sell it to me lol

Comment

Working...
                                X