Tom's B6 Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    My dad did this to his truck not long ago backing out of the garage hit the garage door texting probably. He spent $4,000 and it's still not right [emoji22] sorry to hear this.
    Turns out--no problemo! :-) I must have a highly-calibrated telephone pole in back of my garage.

Step 1: Attach first tie-down to upper rear of window frame; other end to pole.
    Step 2: Attach second tie-down to lower rear of window frame; other end to pole.
    Step 3: Adjust straps to have equal tension.
    Step 4: Push car away from pole.

Both door and window now close perfectly!!!
    Last edited by TominMO; 10-01-2015, 04:42 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• It can also cause fuel starvation issues if your tank has a vacuum because of the fuel being used.

Tom, you may want to put a little filter on the hose to keep critters from making that hose a home. Mud wasps and ants love holes that size.

Also, sorry to hear about your oopsie, but glad to hear ma bell came to the rescue. Those phone polls are going to be totally obsolete soon, so hang on to that one! Lol
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-01-2015, 05:34 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        1. Tom, you may want to put a little filter on the hose to keep critters from making that hose a home. Mud wasps and ants love holes that size.
        2. Also, sorry to hear about your oopsie, but glad to hear ma bell came to the rescue. Those phone polls are going to be totally obsolete soon, so hang on to that one! Lol
        1. I was thinking of that. I'll check out McParts and take a piece of that hose with me for sizing. Or is there some little screen thing I can get at the hardware store, even cheaper?
        2. Yeah, we'll all have implantable microchips (with GPS of course, for tracking) in a few years. We'll just hear the voices in our head and all look like a bunch of schizophrenics, talking to no one! :-)
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• 1. There are some little filters they use for furnaces and such at the hardware store. You may be able to fashion something from one of those. They are brass and copper colored little cone shaped things.
          2. No need for microchips. Genetic engineering has tuned the human brain for that. Lol
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

There are some little filters they use for furnaces and such at the hardware store. You may be able to fashion something from one of those. They are brass and copper colored little cone shaped things.
            Found an excellent and cheap solution. Pics tmw evening.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Looks like my plug for bung #2 in the header ain't coming out. The female-hex head got corroded and rusted out, so it's hard to get anything in there that will bite into the hex. There are no bolt heads that are the right size (about 7/16" or 11mm). The original hex size was 10mm or 3/8". In my Aspire, with the same header, I use an old O2 sensor as the plug for bung #2, so it's easy to get a wrench or socket on it. Anti-seize, of course. O2 sensor threads are M18x1.5, in case anyone cares.

Plan B is to take out the 3-wire O2 sensor and use the wideband permanently for both tuning, real-time monitoring and engine management (since it would be connected to the ECU's O2 data wire instead of the narrow-band sensor).

I would prefer Plan A tho: having both in there, with the 3-wire informing the ECU. I still might find a way to make it happen tho. I have some more ideas.

Off-topic: started my Russian class Monday night. Had a great time. It's non-credit, Continuing Education, so no pressure, pretty relaxed. The three courses they have only amount to about one-half semester (at most). I'll have to look into how to cheaply keep going. Being 65, I only have to pay $7 in tuition/fees for any Continuing Ed class! Plus cost of books.
              Last edited by TominMO; 10-01-2015, 10:06 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                Vent tube is now unplugged. Got the car running again. While cleaning out a lot of now-unused wiring, I had unplugged one of the crucial wires under the dash. It was thicker than normal and was black/blue on one side of the connector, and black/red on the other side. Some major ignition wire I guess.

Another problem tho, purely due to not paying attention. I have a two-car garage with horizontal sliding wooden doors. While backing the car off the ramps, with the driver's door open, I hit the garage door and tweaked its support beam a little (easy to fix), but also tweaked my driver's door! The window won't go all the way up, there is a gap at the upper rear when the door is closed, and while the door will close and lock, it won't close by itself due to interference at the front of the door. Gonna try the telephone-pole de-tweaking method; that should at least help some. Really sux.
                This why I have a crumple at the drivers side where the door and fender meet, my door hinges are sprung too.
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Originally posted by drddan View Post
                  This why I have a crumple at the drivers side where the door and fender meet, my door hinges are sprung too.
                  Come visit my calibrated telephone pole.....

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    Looks like my plug for bung #2 in the header ain't coming out. The female-hex head got corroded and rusted out, so it's hard to get anything in there that will bite into the hex. There are no bolt heads that are the right size (about 7/16" or 11mm). The original hex size was 10mm or 3/8". In my Aspire, with the same header, I use an old O2 sensor as the plug for bung #2, so it's easy to get a wrench or socket on it. Anti-seize, of course. O2 sensor threads are M18x1.5, in case anyone cares.

Plan B is to take out the 3-wire O2 sensor and use the wideband permanently for both tuning, real-time monitoring and engine management (since it would be connected to the ECU's O2 data wire instead of the narrow-band sensor).

I would prefer Plan A tho: having both in there, with the 3-wire informing the ECU. I still might find a way to make it happen tho. I have some more ideas.

Off-topic: started my Russian class Monday night. Had a great time. It's non-credit, Continuing Education, so no pressure, pretty relaxed. The three courses they have only amount to about one-half semester (at most). I'll have to look into how to cheaply keep going. Being 65, I only have to pay $7 in tuition/fees for any Continuing Ed class! Plus cost of books.
                    Only in the Festiva world, does it help to learn Russian when expanding ones knowledge of fuel injection.

Comment

Only in the Festiva world, does it help to learn Russian when expanding ones knowledge of fuel injection.
                      Maybe it'll help me order parts.....
                      Last edited by TominMO; 10-01-2015, 10:29 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• My phone translated that for me. Lol. I want learn Russian just from seeing some of the lady folk who speak that language, but that's way off topic now.
                        Back to B6 discussion. Haha
                        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-01-2015, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Special site for Charlie only. No one else look at it!

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Won't let me click it dang it. I'm such a rebel I tried.
                            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• I just gave Olga my number, I think we're getting married. Thanks Tom!

Comment

I just gave Olga my number, I think we're getting married. Thanks Tom!
                                :-) The only safe assumption is that the site is closely monitored by the FSB (formerly KGB). All the women there are probably either operatives, or at least have to report contacts with western men.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                                X