update on the doings down here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on the doings down here

well, i havent been on here in about 6 months, so i thought i'd drop in and say hello and give yall an update on what goin on.

we now have no running festivas. the red one needs an engine rebuild, the blue one needs an engine (cracked block) and the white one... well its not being driven cuz we're afraid it'll just lay down and die in the road (365K is a lot of miles!). i am currently driving a '92 integra.

now for the good stuff. in the absence of a festiva, i have another project. it started life as my grandfathers 1980 ford courier which he bought new. he drove the crap out of it (about 206K, i think) and then had to park it about 10-15 years ago cuz his wife had asthma and he needed a car with a/c. we went over and cranked it up (gas in the carb, new battery and voila, life :lol and brought it home to work on it. heres some pics of what we've got so far:

this is the earliest pic i have of it (we've already been tearin stuff off as you can see):

some more tearin and a little buildin:

thats a minivan back seat:

and this is pretty much what it looks like now:

heres our windshield:

let me know what yall think! and yes, i do miss my festiva! someday i'll get the money and the time to fix it hopefully. Thanks,
    Andy
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

A Ford Courier Woody.Cool
    '90 LX

Comment

one of a kind cool
      92 capri non turbo

Comment

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Just don't do that to the festys PLEASE. Call me first.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Does that Courier have the 2.3 motor?

Those things are indestructible.
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

hmmmmmm....
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I kinda like it - make it a paddy wagon

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                92 GL - parts car
                97 aspire - parts car
                87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

i see a hidden item in the 4th picture and its not the festivas.. do you see what i see?

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
                    i see a hidden item in the 4th picture and its not the festivas.. do you see what i see?
                    The Dog, or the third Festiva behind the truck.
                    '90 LX

Comment

i saw the dog as well but this is not what the correct answer is! it is not one/any/all of the 3 festivas

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
                        i saw the dog as well but this is not what the correct answer is! it is not one/any/all of the 3 festivas
                        Is it the door handle next to the wheel?

Comment

is it the wheel wrench?

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

JoDan; we have a winner! looks like its off a festy too

Comment

:lol:

well, it is a lug wrench, but its not from a festiva. we found it in the truck, but it doesnt fit the lugs on it. pretty strange :lol: the door handle isnt from a festiva either, its from the truck. looks exactly the same though. and this courier has the 2.0 mazda engine instead of the 2.3 ford. its essentially a rebadged mazda b2000. so at least i've still got a mazda!
                              89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                              92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                              New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                              X