Got me a blue 93 L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a blue 93 L

I picked this one up a week ago Friday and I've been meaning to post pics but it's been a crazy week around the shop.

I originally picked this car up for a fixer upper rescue project but when I saw it I fell in love :love6:

My original plan all along has been to swap my B6-ME into my white 93 but with all the projects going on I was apprehensive about taking it off the road to do the swap while trying to get other cars going. When I saw how clean this one was I started to change my mind quickly. It's a 93 so it has the large crank pulley already and there's a hole in the block so she's a prime swap candidate. Plus I love the color! (and the body is in MUCH better shape than my white one). Also, using this one for the swap allows me the freedom to have a running Festy to drive (white 93) while I take my time and do the swap on this car without being rushed or cutting corners...which is a cardinal sin at my shop! Then after the swap is done I can switch the tag and insurance from the white one to this one and do some much needed work on the white one so I can find her a good home.

I decided to go ahead and start this build thread so it will basically be a "from the ground up" project. The updates will prolly be far between since we have 9 other cars we're currently working on, but I will try to keep up on this as time permits. Now, on to the pics!

Here she is in "as delivered" shape. No wash job, clean up, or anything. I just picked it up, took it home, and then dropped it in the driveway.

Underside of the seat looks new!

Is this chrome antenna plate factory?

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the engine bay is. Especially for one where you can see #2 crank journal and rod when you look at the side of the block. Another funny thing....the car still runs! It has a miss of course, but it's extremely quiet for an engine with a busted rod and block

I've already picked up a set of electric mirrors for it and I'm working on some other stuff from a good friend
    Last edited by Zanzer; 03-26-2010, 08:02 PM.
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

I can't believe how few dents are in the body.
    And other than the hood the paints looks good.
    You didn't clean the engine bay did you?
    Looks better than my daily driver under the hood.
    How much did this one run you?
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Wow.. beautiful car!! :thumbright: Congrats!
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

chrome antenna is an add on from a dealer when they got a car without a radio.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

PU:

I think I counted 2 large(ish) dents and 4-5 dings total in the whole body! The only bad paint is on the hood and the top. That's how the engine bay looked when I popped the hood. I haven't touched anything on the car. As soon as I pulled up in the rollback and saw her I was like "oh my.....I may have to rethink some earlier car plans". After looking her over my mind was changed and I was hooked!

I brought this cream puff home for the exorbitant price of $250 LOL :mrgreen:

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

My Blue L has the same chrome antenna plate. Mine also didn't come with a radio. Looks like a great swap car.
            -Donny
            -1992 Festiva GL
            B6D/E-series.
            -1991 GL
            BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Sweet! The antenna plate was one of the first things that caught my eye when I walked around the car. I was like "hello! what do we have here?"

I know where another is in a JY. I think I may swing by there and pick it up one day soon. Tried to buy the whole car a week ago but no dice

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Please do me a favor and paint this on the hood!
                "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

The hood of your car? OK! :mrgreen:

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....how about under the hood? LOL

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

$250 is definitely a deal!

Those of us up north, would gladly pay that, and more, just for a clean, rust free body.
                    Sans engine and wheels and it would still be a good deal for us.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

^^ I've got a feeler running on CL right now for parts cars. I'll keep you guys updated on any bodies I find with titles if you guys up north are interested

I had to do a WTB on CL because we're in need of parts cars and there is no way in heck I'm gonna part any of our current project cars (or any Festy in general) that are complete with only mechanical or cosmetic problems keeping them from going back on the road

Bodies sans drivetrains are a slightly different box of frogs so I will definitely keep you guys in mind if interested in clean bodies :thumbright:
                      Last edited by Zanzer; 03-26-2010, 09:05 PM.

WWZD
                      Zulu Ministries

Comment

That sure is a pretty burgundy one behind it. LOL

That car is sweet. What was cool was it ran with a big hole in the side of the block with a miss, but no knock..

Comment

Great deal on the blue one for sure, but I'd snag the Aqua one in the background iffin you weren't lookin. LOL
                          Chuck
                          Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                          If money will fix it, it's not broken
                          91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                          93 GL - Lil Red
                          91 L - Tweetystiva
                          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

^^ Hahaha! You may have a fight on your hands with that one! That's Lanemeyer14's car that we're doing the B8 swap on

I have 10 Festivas in my driveway and his by far is everyone's favorite. Even the people who don't anything about Festies love it! :thumbright:

WWZD
                            Zulu Ministries

Comment

What kind of festiva project is that ? No degree of difficulty. Its good from the start. Come on now, find a festy with some challenge. Better luck next time. Just send that one to me and try and find a worst one... wow you slacker 8^). !
                              sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X