The original Beater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The original Beater.

Well I guess I'll finally do this. This will be my festiva story thread. I came across some old pics so I decided to start it. Many more pics still need to be found and uploaded but this will do for now. This thread is dedicated to my first festiva. It is greatly missed.

I'll start with festiva #1, my beater. The car that started this whole thing. I was in need of a car to replace my camaro as a dd since it got terrible gas mileage.

What was I thinking? Right? Drive a festiva over that? Damn right! lol. Times are tight and gas isn't cheap.

There they are. I got both of 'em for 275. Awesome.

I was planning on keeping "festiva69" for parts but sold it to my friend for 35 bucks. He just had to get head and corner lights, and a new ignition and lock set since the car was keyless when I got it. We had the sweetest beaters in town.

My paint was in good shape, but it was...boring. So, my first paintjob. I'm also sporting a stupid wing at this point, z-28 hood louvers (I miss them) and swapping the 12's for rx7 14's.

At this point, during the early stages of festiva ownership, The greatness of the car was not yet apparent to me (as was evident by the calvin dude sticker) I was still having fun painting the little guy every week. Ill add pics of the paintjobs as I find them.

This was paint phase 2 ( and pics I took of the rear wheel after sliding into a curb in the snow. I need a new axle beam this time.)

Thats what you get when you add a slow day at work, boredom, a box of various types of spraypaint, and disregard for any and all dignity.

The following spring (I think). I really liked this look.

Oops, it was mud.

Then there was this abomination...

I don't know why I have the 12's back on the front, probably to pull off the mismatched wheels ricer look.

Some help from Schad and his gf (I sold him the other car)

Then the slate was wiped clean for something else...

(Notice the sad camaro in the background getting absolutely no attention)

Oh God, my shortest lived paint. This paint job only lasted a day.

Look, its starting to turn green...

Intermission...... time to start a new post... To be continued!

i love every single paint job you did to every car in all the pics! keep em comin

Comment

every pic is of the same car. lol. Ill finish my posting when i get home tonight...

Comment

If you didn't strip paint between paint jobs, that car must weigh 2100lbs. LOL
        Chuck
        Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
        If money will fix it, it's not broken
        91 GL -Ol' Rusty
        93 GL - Lil Red
        91 L - Tweetystiva
        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

I used to have a few cell pics that my friends took while driving through bury. Theyre on my laptop and I think the harddrive is fried though
          Last edited by shorestiva; 04-18-2010, 06:06 PM.
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Festivas often bring out the painter in their owners!

(Picasso, Rembrandt and Vigee-Lebrun all owned Festivas, ya know.)

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

So continuing from my first post, the car was turning green... ended up with this mess.

I added some lights to the hood.

My side exit exhaust.

Baby pictures of my current car- the resuwrecked mobile. To this day it still doesn't have a name. Sometimes I refer to it at the amazing &%#!-pile of doom. Sometimes just Poot. This is when I brought it to the shop where I worked right after buying it.

Then my friend wanted a neon colored stiva too.

Then I decided to turbo the b3, and the silly paintjobs kind of stopped happening. I painted it flat black, did the aspire swap, and found a bumper in a dumpster and made it fit.

Well, "The Flesh-Eating Roller Skate" was a little silly.

I had a lot of fun with that for a wile. Then I pulled the drivetrain from this car.

And pulled the b3t out. 5-24-07

Motor in. 5-30-07

The next afternoon. I was highly pissed. Thanks to a guy who "didn't see me coming". He turned his dodge2500 pilling a utility trailer directly in front of me. I hit the trailer and it ripped the hitch off the back of his truck. The trailer landed about 30yds away on the other side of the road.

I backed off the festiva thing for a period of time to collect myself. Then I pulled the white car out and got back into it. Ill add more pics of different paint jobs and the turbo setup to this as I find them, as I have tons on a different computer and mini-discs.

Comment

that sucks.... you wrecked it the next afternoon of getting it running?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

!!
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Actually, it was either 10:24 or 10:26 the next morning, I don't remember where I put the police report. Did you know they will charge you $360 for a 2.5 mile ride to the hospital in an ambulance?

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                      Did you know they will charge you $360 for a 2.5 mile ride to the hospital in an ambulance?
                      I believe it, the bill for my Flight For Life was $2200.
                      '90 LX

Comment

Working...
                      X