Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisOFNA's car is getting there...

Motor is coming together nicely...

Probably the worst pic of the car I could of taken, lol.

Intercooler I'm using is the bottom one, the Capri one is there for comparison. I'm shooting for having the engine and trans together and the mounts welded in by the end of May and I'll be going from there. My friend has the stock B6T manifold, he's making me an adapter to fit a T25 flanged turbo on it. The build is going rather smoothly but this is my first engine rebuild so I'm praying for no major screw-ups. It really sucks not having a car to drive (well, I'm driving my mom's Sentra but my god it is slower than the process of making crude oil) so hopefully this car will go off without error.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

nice setup motor looks nice dont forget to paint it
    FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

by hand

Make sure you paint the engine by hand, just like Leonardo.

Also, don't flip the engine over to paint the oil pan.
      Instead. Paint it lying on the ground.
      Michaelangelo style.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988redfordfestiva View Post
        nice setup motor looks nice dont forget to paint it
        I didn't paint it on purpose. Everyone I see paint an engine block it seems to flake off after a week of driving, no matter how well they did it (I'm talking crazy prep: hot tank, primer, etc).
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

well first off u need to sand then u need high temp primer second u need to sand again then paint your color of choice high temp paint also and also clear coat it i've got one i did in my garage not installed its a spare when my first rebuild dies completely but i doubt it will die i take care of my cars to much
          FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

last person i seen do it sand-blasted, cleaned, primered, painted, and clearcoated and it flaked off in week. Honestly I'm more worried about having a running car more than a painted engine block.
            Current cars:

Comment

I need to get someone to weld my mounts in and to figure out the rear mount on the trans. I'm about to lose the engine hoist I have though.
              Current cars:

Comment

looking good so far keep it up

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                  looking good so far keep it up
                  That's what she said!
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                    last person i seen do it sand-blasted, cleaned, primered, painted, and clearcoated and it flaked off in week. Honestly I'm more worried about having a running car more than a painted engine block.
                    I agree with you I like the look of an unpainted engine. Its more about the mechanical beauty than the oooh shiny engine beauty to me.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roboskittle View Post
                      I agree with you I like the look of an unpainted engine. Its more about the mechanical beauty than the oooh shiny engine beauty to me.
                      till it starts to rust.
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Dont really care about that either. Cannot see most of the block anyways when the engine is in the car. You guys keep painting your engines and we will not worry about it lol.

Comment

Rust is like grey hair, you never expect something with it to stomp your butt.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Yup lol. I like to keep my car as ugly as possible that way it embarasses people that much more when they get smoked by it.

Comment

My friend that's building a Suzuki Swift GT powdercoated his block, I'll have to get pics of it next time I see him.
                              Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                              X