b3 turbo build with pics :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3 turbo build with pics :)

so i have been apart of many car community and i have never really posted anything like this but i love seeing pics of other peoples stuff so i thought i would share. If you live in edmonton and want to stop by or maybe give me a hand that would be cool.

anyways last week i bought a $100 festy its needs a clutch which is in the mail. i bought a Exedy clutch thats in the mail. i went to the jy and bought a volvo turbo because the probe gt i wanted one off of was gone and i got an aspire manifold. i have an emanage blue to tune it and an aem afr gauge. and a intercooler from my old skyline gtst.

this is the turbo still in the volvo. it was a b***h to get out but has no shaft play and was not leaking anything

i will be making the manifold this week and installing all the emanage stuff i hope so i will update as i go.

Nice !!! Keep us update.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Off to a good start. Holy freaking leaking valve cover gasket btw...

Comment

awesome i will be watching this one

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

so i gave up on the emanage blue its just to hard to wire into the festy without any diagrams or some sort of guide for the different resistances so i bought fmu. The ecu on the festy was really hard to get to with out removing the dash aswell so that was also part of the problem. the fmu i bought is adjustable so i guess i will just be guess and check to get the right ratio going. also replaced the fuel pump with a wb255 to keep the pressures up. i have pics but i will have to upload them on the weekend when i get home. The turbo flage was so easy to make, just a piece of steel and some holes lol, and i just have to assemble it now and hope it all fits.

Comment

sweet i wanna turbo my B3!!!

Comment

thanks for the pics really helped me allot , and thats the smallest intercooler ive ever seen lolw here it came off from?

Comment

if you are going to leave the fuel stock, forget the turbo. even with an fmu. it still won't get good fuel. it will always stay on the lean side even with 2 psi.
                :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

Nah, I ran a vj-11 on my b3 at 8psi with a wb255 and a 12:1 fmu and it kept me in the high 12's according to my wideband. You will need some kind of timing control however. Either retard your base timing or get a btm. For the price of a btm you can almost have ms though!

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                    ...Holy freaking leaking valve cover gasket btw...
                    Yeah but you gotta believe the rings are pretty fresh huh...

Originally posted by lancerevo View Post
                    if you are going to leave the fuel stock, forget the turbo. even with an fmu. it still won't get good fuel. it will always stay on the lean side even with 2 psi.
                    Wrong! Then of course there's just no getting around the 255 walbro he mentioned?

Am I reading this stuff from a different post or what?
                    Last edited by iceracerdude; 06-28-2010, 08:20 PM.
                    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Ok. So with a stock fuel pump it will flow no more than say 65 psi. Also with a Walbro, it will flow much more. So with a 12:1 fmu it will be 12 psi fuel pressure per 1 psi of boost. So at 8 psi it will be 96 psi above normal pressure - 96 + 43.5 = 139.5psi on the stock injectors. How the hell did the stock fuel hose didn't not blow up to that pressure?
                      :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

Don't know. But I mine has not "blown up"

Comment

Working...
                        X