minor minigun updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minor minigun updates

Well I got my hours changed at work so I have more time to work on this time / money whore..
    Today I got some work done on the engine covers, nothing fancy they will either be carpeted or covered with carbon fiber.

The back still needs to be trimed so it will seal against the back hatch when closed. It also has a removable section to uncover the engine ( it will all be removable if needed) It will be insulated also.

It will also have a strut brace across the top of the cover to help steady the rear, I think it will look cool back there too.

The rear quaters are about finished, Need to finish work on the fronts, they all should be ready to install this weekend.

Last edited by NovaSS; 05-10-2010, 11:59 AM.
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

wow!! that thing looks sweet!! I wanna ride in it!!

Comment

Nice to see it all coming together!

Do you plan on attending any meets this summer or fall?

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Looking good- are the seatbelts boxed seperate of the engine compartment to protect them from heat?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

seat belts ? we dont need any stinking seat belts.....

it will get harness.

Hopefully it will get done to do some shows.
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Will the box just be aluminum or will there be some sound deadener/insulation?
            I can see that being disturbingly loud (not always a bad thing, but not always good either)

Comment

Looking fantastic!!!!! Its going to be such a sweet ride when its all done! Cant wait to see more updates!

Comment

awesome job second pic def looks like back to the future car slightly lol
                93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

The cover hides the gorgeous engine......
                  1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                  1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                  1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                  1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                  1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                  1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                  1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
                    Will the box just be aluminum or will there be some sound deadener/insulation?
                    I can see that being disturbingly loud (not always a bad thing, but not always good either)
                    To combat noise and heat I ordered some insulation sheets thats good for 1000 degrees, it will cover the inside of both the top and firewall. plus the outside with be either carpeted or covered in carbon fiber,

I was also thinking of putting in vents on either side of the license plate, the low pressure area behind the car will draw out hot air.

Dont worry Kraig, I was thinking of making a lexan center engine cover just for cruising around.
                    money pit

Comment

looks nice. cant wait to see this on the road.
                      1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                      1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                      1983 Chevy Elcamino
                      1993 Ford Festiva GL
                      2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                      some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

awesome! so close now....

Comment

Heres the latest update, blew the engine in my truck so I have been side tracked on that project.

Today I glued the rear quaters on. I used 3m epoxy that the factory glues truck bed sides on with. First I welded several ears to the body ( along the top were the flairs meet the body )this will support the fenders give several large areas for the glue to bite into. The fender will also wrap into the door jams and behind the tail lights. They did this on the orginal shoguns. Between this and inner support ( inner wheel tubes) it should be very ridged and hopefully wont fall off

After these cure up for 24 hrs I just have to weld the supports for front and rear bumpers, mount my clear bumper light into the front bumper and start final body work finishing.

I left my camera at work, have been helping put together the Steampunk Tree House !
                          Last edited by NovaSS; 06-18-2010, 09:04 AM.
                          money pit

Comment

Working...
                          X