Jesse's turbo B3 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post

Next on the list is intake manifold and carb.......

Is that NX bottle going to end up in this car?
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

^ No bottle for this car but a different carb is a must. We all know that the worst part of having a carbed Festiva is all the vac lines and misc. crap. Makes the engine compartment look way cluttered. Happened to have a Holly laying around collecting dust so figured why not.........The problem with using this will be hood clearance. Started thinking how to build my intake, had to be low pro but didn't want any low areas where fuel could possible separate and puddle. A sort of TRY-Y design seamed like it might be the ticket. In comes the original intake manifold.......perfect......low......open up the runners and let it breath better......why build when I already have. The problem now is an adapter....necessity is the mother of invention.

Step one: Make something that matches the original intake.
      Step two: Make something that matches the Holly.
      Step three: Tie the two together in the shortest distance possible.
      Step four: Blend them together for smooth air flow.

WAAHLAAH.............One carb adapter........Sandblast, paint, done

Now with some clean up on the tranny and some more paint, time to install....

It's gettin cool now..........wait till ya see whats next

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Nice work! :thumbup:

What size is the carb?
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

stick a 1050 dominator on it :p

thats gonna look so much nicer under the hood great job

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
            stick a 1050 dominator on it :p

thats gonna look so much nicer under the hood great job

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

^ sweeeeeeeet

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                Nice work! :thumbup:

What size is the carb?
                It's 500 cfm that we cut in half.......

Comment

So the next order of business is the exhaust manifold. A real good friend of mine ( fellow Festiva owner and member ) made what I think is the coolest mani eevvaarr.With his consent I borrowed his design, switched it up just a little, and ran with it. I cut... fit...tacked..recut..refit..tacked some more until I was happy with it's look and functionality and then let him TIG it up.( I can TIG but Matts awsome at it )

This buddy of mine also has the coolest turbo B3...........If he has a turbo, I need a turbo. So in order to get the boost to the new carb I need a bonnet.

Mocked the bonnet up first with cardboard, then transferred it to aluminum.

Mocked up bonnet..on the new carb.. on the carb addapter..in the bay.. with the new mani.

Next is turbo, intercooler, charge piping, and intake piping.

Comment

This build is awesome!!! :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

That's great looking!drool
                      '90 LX

Comment

wow soooo siickkkk!

Comment

Wow some competition for matt dickmeyer!

OH wait a sec, youre both from indiana.... hmmmm I smell some teamwork here.
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Sweeetness! Some real nice work there! :thumbright:
                            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

are you sure that the carb and turbo will get along?...

other than that it looks awesome great job!!!

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                                are you sure that the carb and turbo will get along?...

other than that it looks awesome great job!!!
                                firechickens pulled it off along with some others. we have the technology it can be done.

oh and SA-WEET!

-Scott
                                Aqua 93 L
                                Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                                White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Working...
                                X