My Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Car

I have been putting off a build thread for my car for the longest time. Not really much time to spend on a lot of typing and pic posting lately. I'll go ahead and post what I'm about to work with now and later I'll post up what I have done from the beginning of my car's build.

I guess I can start with my Independence Day paint job.
    But not before I replace the lca's. Ball joints are SHOT.

Belly of the beast lol.

On with the paint... I usually always start with the wheels.

Wash and dry before spraying.

Here's where the car stands as of now.

This week I finally got the Mercedes 300cd tagged insured and new oil cooler put on and is my new daily driver for now. And why drive the cd over the stiva? Well its a turbo diesel and the engine happens to like eating the veggie oil and waste motor oil/trans fluid I have been feeding it. Free fuel is a nice perk.

Another reason I will not be dd'ing the stiva right now is because I just got this in the mail.

Next on the list is injectors, larger turbo, and materials to make a tubular manifold.

You have one of the meanest looking festivas ever!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Finally......

JK Thanks for sharing the pics.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
        Haha. With this paint it looks like a Matchbox car. Its silly but I love it.

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
        Finally......

JK Thanks for sharing the pics.
        Finally is right. I have a lot of catching up to do as far as posting what I have done to it. I'm anxious about the MS.

Comment

Finally is right. I have a lot of catching up to do as far as posting what I have done to it. I'm anxious about the MS
          I'm anxious too. I'm gonna go for the PNP since my wiring is all stock.

I just bought "sonik" from Mike (Flyin4stroke) . It'll get a ms too.

Is your a MSII V3 ?
          Last edited by Pu241; 07-10-2010, 11:16 AM.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

msII v3.57 with ms2-extra

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
              haha yeah maybe more with the old paint job :p
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

^Which one? lol

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                  Yeah, if Chuckie was a Matchbox car, maybe.:p

Do you rattle can all of your paint jobs?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                    Yeah, if Chuckie was a Matchbox car, maybe.:p

Do you rattle can all of your paint jobs?
                    All my paint has been rattle can specials. Its cheap to do and I'm happy with the results. I don't want to put a lot of money into materials and a lot of time to get a professional looking paintjob because inevitably it will get messed up somehow. And I'd rather put money into go-fast parts instead.

With 5 paint jobs under the current one it is time to take it down with the da before I do the next one.

Comment

Cool. That's what I did with Batstiva. Basically printed off big stencils, and went at it. Looked good for a while. The yellow faded horribly.

Man, I just went back and looked at that first pic. Think the LCAs were definitely in need of changing. :shock:

I was digging around my supply of rattle cans, and happened upon a full can of florescent hot pink. Now I'm deciding what I want to do with it.:tard:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

U.e.o.

I would like to know more about your U.E.O. project,how long have you been doing this and with what success,how do you keep the mix thin enough in the winter to keep it flowing,how are you filtering,bags or centrifuge, etc. etc.do you have any other diesels than the Mercedes.
                        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                          I would like to know more about your U.E.O. project,how long have you been doing this and with what success,how do you keep the mix thin enough in the winter to keep it flowing,how are you filtering,bags or centrifuge, etc. etc.do you have any other diesels than the Mercedes.
                          I just got the mercedes a few months ago, so no first-hand cold weather experience yet. I am putting together a dual-tank setup. I will make a fuel heater circuit that includes heated fuel line, tank heater and maybe heated injector lines. I think fuel line and tank heater will be enough. I have been filtering with a centrifuge setup that I built.

It runs so much smoother and quieter on svo and wmo. I am still looking for a mb 5cyl turbo diesel for a festiva swap. Either that or a vw rabbit diesel. The vw would be an easier swap.
                          Last edited by resuwrecked; 07-10-2010, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                            Cool. That's what I did with Batstiva. Basically printed off big stencils, and went at it. Looked good for a while. The yellow faded horribly.

Man, I just went back and looked at that first pic. Think the LCAs were definitely in need of changing. :shock:

I was digging around my supply of rattle cans, and happened upon a full can of florescent hot pink. Now I'm deciding what I want to do with it.:tard:
                            The ball joints were noisy- popping when driving over bumps and a general uneasy feeling overall. I decided to finally buy new ones after I got home from my trip to the keys and visiting Greg. When on the beach in Daytona some sand got into the drivers side balljoint and by the time we got to Orlando it was making a hellacious squeak when turning at parking lot speed. An application of 10w30 in a parking lot cured it temporarily, lol.

Paint your wheels hot pink.... or re-do the bats in hot pink!
                            Last edited by resuwrecked; 07-10-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                              Thanks Charlie! I think the painted on eyebrows we have been doing on our cars are the easiest way to make an otherwise un-intimidating car look pissed. Haha.

I forgot to add that I also purchased a pair of RJS 5pt harnesses. The ebay 4pt's I got suck and are not accepted by racing sanctioning bodies. Gotta have SFI approved.

Comment

Working...
                              X