Festicle log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festicle log

So as some of you know i bought Jason's old road race festiva, pretty much a stripped down stiva with , b6t, wiesco pistons, webb cams and megasquirt. the car was plenty fast but lacked traction like many boosted festiva do. the car had a stock g25mr with a phantom grip, well after a launch with a little wheel hop the spider gears shattered. So to remedy the traction issue i decided to use my built kia trans on this car. the trans consist of a mfactory 26 spline helical diff, straight cut PAR 3-4th gear, cyro treated gears, plate mod tranny housing, plate mod in bell housing to prevent flexing. the trans should hopefully be able to take anything we can throw at it. One other thing that was done to help with the traction/wheel hop issue was to elimanate the stock festiva control arms and use a 323 "A" control arm. One part of the control arm bolted in the stock location and the other one a bracket was made to hold the other part of the control arm busing. once we got all the issues straightned out we had issues with it breaking up, we found a bad injector and replaced the injectors with a set of SRT4 style 50lbs injectors. we got the injectors in and we fixed the miss but the car was breaking up, after doing some tuning with the megasquirt we had some issues with the reading from the wideband, we pulled the old one out found a hole in it ( dont ask me how it got there), we replaced the sensor and that corrected are tunning issue. The work was all done by the guy who built the car Clinton WTFman2, so the car runs good now, goes straight, to bad its almost about to snow

Looks awesome. What's she put down?
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

So, what are you planning on doing with the car? Racing it I hope

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

sweet idea on the 323 arms.... i have some ideas for traction too, but they rae top secret

i look forward to seeing more of this build looks like it will be a good one

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

previous owner said they dyno'd at 280 hp, i plan on doing some changes over winter such as forged rods, hardned oil pump gears, and some head work. its got a t25 nissan nock off turbo on there now, stock wastegate,

Comment

That is some nice engineering. Very creative on the front trans mount bar. Does that eliminate the stock cradle?
            '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
            '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
            '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Working...
            X