"Udder Horror" B6T Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Udder Horror" B6T Build Thread

Finally, my own build. I'm going to hopefully swap in the b6t and g5mr from a Capri. The build will be very slow and I will need a lot of help with questions along the way. A full week vacation from school is coming soon and I will work all day during that to try and get it done. Daylight savings is really going to be killing me, it gets dark at 5pm

This is how I bought the engine and tranny for $700, really really dirty.[IMG]

All I could get done today is clean the engine with 99 cent oven cleaner and a toothbrush. I didn't clean it to perfection I just didn't want to get excessively dirty every time I touched it.

Cleeeean
    Last edited by Grey Vw; 11-08-2010, 10:21 PM.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

$700 should have gotten you a whole capri, lol.

Was there an oil leak? Looked excessively dirty.
    Last edited by big_ty2003; 11-08-2010, 10:26 PM.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Very nice, sir! Did you snag the ECU/harness too?
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
        $700 should have gotten you a whole capri, lol.

Was there an oil leak? Looked excessively dirty.
        Around here it won't lol. Idk but the engine ran fine before I pulled it.

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
        Very nice, sir! Did you snag the ECU/harness too?
        Yes, I got everything in the engine bay and any harness on the car.
        Last edited by Grey Vw; 11-08-2010, 10:32 PM.
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

looking good ill be watching

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Sweet bro! looks like you're build will be done before mine. My project is on hold for now. Good lookin engine after all that elbow grease. Good luck and have fun with the B6t project.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
              Sweet bro! looks like you're build will be done before mine. My project is on hold for now. Good lookin engine after all that elbow grease. Good luck and have fun with the B6t project.
              Thanks man. I was actually hoping to get some practice with your car before I started mine lol
              14 C7 Z51

Comment

Looks like you are on your way. will be watching this one fo sho.
                ----------------------------------------------
                93 Festiva L (B8 swap in progress)

Comment

how much would a direct bolt in g25mr engine cross member be worth? been thinkin of making a jig of mine while its out...
                  I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

I would put it between $100 and $200, at least speaking for myself here.
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                      how much would a direct bolt in g25mr engine cross member be worth? been thinkin of making a jig of mine while its out...
                      Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                      I would put it between $100 and $200, at least speaking for myself here.
                      I would say $100 just because I'm a cheapo 16 year old without a job but, I think the men around here should be able to afford up to $200.

And I've progressed nothing today because it started raining. I'm going to buy a giant tarp so I can work in the rain.
                      14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                        I would say $100 just because I'm a cheapo 16 year old without a job but, I think the men around here should be able to afford up to $200.

And I've progressed nothing today because it started raining. I'm going to buy a giant tarp so I can work in the rain.

verrrr nice i tried this swap when iwas 16!!!! i failed miserably though.... hahaha good luck and props for being young and being able to do this!!!!!

Comment

I didn't get anywhere close to where I thought I would get. I was changing the transmission in another festiva and couldn't get the axle out so about five days of productivity were lost.

I've got the engine bay cleared and am starting to make the mounts but need to know if the transmission seems to be in the right place.

Hows it look? The first pic the transmission isn't parallel with the steering rack. I still need to beat in the frame a little. It's as far as I got today.
                          Last edited by Grey Vw; 11-28-2010, 07:30 PM.
                          14 C7 Z51

Comment

I'll be watching this, hopefully I'll have time for a swap this summer, if things pickup.... trying to convince a buddy into getting Neanderpaul's 92L or at the very least going and looking at it.... when I got my Festiva my stock B3 looked like that till I put a new valve cover on it... haven't had a chance to really work on it very much yet. things will be looking up maybe next week. I'm trying to get a job (very few in the area) as for the DST issue, I've been running into that myself. having a headlight out in the Festiva doesn't help matters... going to replace that likely next week.... whenever I get the chance to just sit slam still and do it... have the bulb, just not the time to put it in.... Such is the life of a teenage Festiva owner...
                            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                            89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                            Projects in the works:
                            84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

And it's in! Well almost, I just have to wait until tomorrow to weld the engine mount. If my mounts work I will make them in Google Sketch-Up.

The rear tranny mount is just like the one Maxtiva made for Bobbyspider.
                              14 C7 Z51

Comment

Working...
                              X