new 1.8 bp build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new 1.8 bp build

So the b3 finally gave up. My buddy retired his 94 protege, I got the engine, ecu, engine wiring harness out of it for favors he owes me!!!!! So its time to build my own bp. Will do follow ups as I get to doing it. I have to do everything outside as weather permits.no heated garage.:sad1: here is some starter pictures. Couldnt figure out how to resize pictures on image shack, but these will take you there to see better.

[/URL
    Last edited by bikerdude0269; 11-14-2010, 07:48 PM.

I got a bp swap going as well,I'm only 30 mins away from ya. Good luck on it,if u need a hand lmk!

Comment

cool yea prolly will this is my first ever any thing different swap. I go to walts get my exhaust done. We build the two together. lol

Comment

I though B8s came out of proteges.
        Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

B8's in the DX and BP's in the LX from 90-94
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Ohh, I see.
            Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
              B8's in the DX and BP's in the LX from 90-94
              older models below a 90 model mines from 94. My buddy retired his 94 protege lx.

Comment

I am doing an auto swap. I no there are not there many out there.trying different setups than 5spd. o yeah if any body has the little vaccum acctutator in the first picture it got broke pm me thanks.

Comment

Hey good luck with the swap. Question, is the BP engine off of a standard or auto tranny? It makes a big difference. (standard is the better option). You will find that with the auto tranny, the engine likes to sit pretty far back, so bash away at the fire wall. Also, I had problems with the alternator scraping the side of the car, so make sure you cut and bash and do whatever you can to that section, before you have the engine completely in.

I successfully did a bp auto swap on a 1989 festiva just last February, so if you need help PM me as I know exactly what you need and what needs to be done. Just to give you a bit of a heads up, the auto works, but not the greatest. I personally did not like driving freeway at all since it was only a 3 speed, but it was still fun. Come May I did a standard swap with a g5mr tranny and that swap was a day and night difference. I honestly loved my Festiva so much more once it was standard with the BP engine. Everything just worked better.

Either way you go about it, good luck! I just wanted to give you my personal experience. Again if you need help, holler.
                  Last edited by timmay89; 11-28-2010, 10:44 PM.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                  -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

That "vacuum actuator" is the canister purge solenoid... its not important. Especially for a swapped car.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                    X