Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia FE3N Build

any body got any thing?

i bought one for my b2000 but im going a different way with that truck.
    i have seen them in the 323 and other mazda cars in fwd.
    Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
    88? Parts car-sold
    91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
    86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
    1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Just that it's a larger bp basically. G series trans. Also found in a rwd platform in the kia sportage. Did you source a rwd or fwd engine?
    Last edited by muscle_Car1; 11-15-2010, 07:11 PM.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I'm assuming he got a RWD one because of the KIA portion. You should do it up!
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Youll probly have to do a major notch job on the frame rails to make it fit its longer than a bp.
        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
          I'm assuming he got a RWD one because of the KIA portion. You should do it up!
          Yeah but you can get them on ebay for a few hundred, in a fwd format
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

its 15 mm longer, and i have plenty of clearance on my pass side frame rail as i have already notched frame on drivers side for g series trans.

i bought this kia motor for my b2000 and now want to do something different with that truck, i tried to sell it and ended up getting banned from a forum over it. go figure

i paid a good chunk for it with the harness and ecu so i am not just gonna let it sit.

figured if they can bolt to a g series(from a f2 na mx6), i already have it, and no one else has done it i might see if i can make it work.
            Neil

88? Parts car-sold

Comment

dooooo it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a buddy of mine has a Fe3n in his miata with itb's and it really really boogies,

they are also alot more stout then the bp and handle insaneeeee amounts of boost!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Doing some research, the bp management will work for the temporary. Hooray
                Neil

88? Parts car-sold

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
                  its 15 mm longer, and i have plenty of clearance on my pass side frame rail as i have already notched frame on drivers side for g series trans.

i bought this kia motor for my b2000 and now want to do something different with that truck, i tried to sell it and ended up getting banned from a forum over it. go figure

i paid a good chunk for it with the harness and ecu so i am not just gonna let it sit.

figured if they can bolt to a g series(from a f2 na mx6), i already have it, and no one else has done it i might see if i can make it work.

So the engine is 15mm longer, I thought with the crank pulley in place it was a little more than that. Reading your above statement you only have the drivers side frame rail notched, but you will probably have to notch the passenger side if you ever want to get the belt off and on without removing parts? I have the BP and G tranny and I don't really have room to remove the belt on the passenger side since that isn't notched. Transmission side is notched though. Just a thought. Also I wouldn't try to boost that FE3 as I have heard from the clubprotege.com forum the G series won't handle that much power and then you are looking at the toyota transmission swap which is way longer. Just some things to maul over.

Comment

Ill prolly put 7 psi to it.
                    Neil

88? Parts car-sold

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
                      Ill prolly put 7 psi to it.
                      that would make for a verrrrrrrrrry fast car. these motors handle boost better then bps, but 7 psi is enough to rip a festiva in half.

Comment

The visions in my head are of a tube chassis front end. Like pro fwd style. I am looking into the e153 transmission and a holset Turbo. I bout a car from Wes for this project. Will be up to get it in about a month.
                        Neil

88? Parts car-sold

Comment

^ if your words turn in to parts, YOU WILL HAVE A MONSTER!!!!

i approve

i have been thinking about a fe3 swap, but i have enough problems allready, maybe when i blow the bp sky high lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Kia motor is in my garage. Got three projects to finish first.

1 motor swap on 76 Mercedes 350-700r4
                            2 Turbo my BP daily driver
                            3 build tow rig for drag car(s)

After all this is done I should have an empty garage
                            Neil

88? Parts car-sold

Comment

I didn't know what a FE3N was so I googled it & found this thread.
                              If you scroll down to the red car with "584whp and 457 lbs of TQ.Some NOS run 10.6 @ 135mph Stock internals but turbo FE3N in a KA 2door 323/Lazer shell"

In the post above that, it gives some pretty good info about the motor too.

Comment

Working...
                              X