Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just broke my....

Engine removal virginity :p

Last edited by NicholasJackson; 01-02-2011, 03:01 AM.
    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Congrats!

But one of the mods is about to get on you for the huge pics
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Thanks. Yeah is there a way to change it on this site?

Comment

Shorten the chain and strap on the engine lift and it will be alot easier to get the engine in and out without hitting the hood.

Comment

Yeah it wasnt too bad except it hit the garage door hahahah so i had to put the garage down then i couldnt roll it back hahha it was fun.

Comment

Congrats! I can't say I've seen an engine removed with the axle still inn the tranny before though!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

BTW, if you haven't heard it before, don't remove both axles at the same time without sticking a piece of roller up cardboard or something in the hole where the axle stubs go in the tranny. There are some internal gears that need to be held in place.

I thought my garage was small! Looks like your doing it in the basement hallway of a dormitory!
              Last edited by blkfordsedan; 01-02-2011, 10:41 AM.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Yeah it's ok i know. Well there's actually something wrong with the gearbox and also that alxe. If you look at the axle gearbox side the CV is completely destroyed. When i was driving it i thought the clutch was slipping but maybe im wondering if the axle was the problem :S i'm talking it off now to find the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                  I thought my garage was small! Looks like your doing it in the basement hallway of a dormitory!
                  Hahahahah yeah its the place i live in now (im only 18) the doors cant open fully extended hahahahha

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                    Congrats! I can't say I've seen an engine removed with the axle still inn the tranny before though!
                    Done it twice, both times though it was to replace blown transmissions and the axles were being replaced with remans anyway. Never done it with the intent of reinstalling though I don't think I ever damaged anything doing it that way, just too much of a risk to.

Nice job on the engine removal, especially with such limited space!
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

It's cool seeing a bare RHD engine compartment!

So you're just doing repairs and not an engine swap?

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I would love love love love to do an engine swap but money wise i cant really afford it. Instead of replacing the tranny im putting in a g series tranny so when i do find an engine (BP) one less thing i have to worry about when it goes in. I also have to replace the radiator support (previous owner's damage). And i wouldnt mind doing a brake swap first.

I just took the clutch off then and it's ground down to a nub so im going to say it was slipping clutch ahahhah.

Comment

Working...
                        X