minigun updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minigun updates

I did this cut before I went on vacation, Im finishing it up . I was going to use it as a plug for a mold and still may but its coming out nice just being steel. This pic was takne in December. It based around the original SHOGUN hood. Hard to tell in this pic but it matched the lines of the front end rather well, has the same shape as the grill and intake in bumper.

also ordered custom 'MINIGUN" gauges before I went n vacation , they should be here this week.

Now I have more drive to get this car finished as a new project has just arrived .. This one will be simple. No fabrication because eveyone makes parts for mopars...

1968 440 Plymouth GTX.

I have known about this car for years. It belonged to a friend of mine who died a few years ago. He started on it but did not get it finished. It was still in his moms name and she lost storage for it. starting a few weeks ago it was moved outside at one of her friends house

I asked her about it and she me I could have it if I wanted it. It needs a short block from throwing a rod but the rest of its complete.

Last edited by NovaSS; 01-22-2011, 08:55 AM.
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

not many GTX's running around an looks like a good project ........miniguns hood looks kool other than getting the gauges in how long ya figure you have to finish her up ?

an on the subject of miniguns did you build the rear frame/cage ? i had an idea last night after surfing the web till my head spun an seeing an SHO motor in a geo metro in the LEMONS racing site ( cars are only spose to cost 500 bucs )

anyway i was thinking like a full tube chassis wrapped in a festy shell using like mustang front suspension ...i lack a tube bender and the funds at the moment ( unemployed sucks ) but your cage/engine mount area is so clean looking it only makes sense to ask you about how much somthing like that might cost to build materials wise for the chassis

what do ya think would it be a nightmare to do or am i on to something here ...i am a huge fan of your miniguns project an im jus trying to get a rough idea of what im looking at an who could build a chassis an what it would cost ..im going to try an see if my pops will help me design a tube chassis on one of his cad/cam programs ....sorry to ramble but not working jus opens the mind to way to many ideas an projects ..idle hands are the devils playground they say ..lol
    Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

If I was to do it again I would have just gutted the complete floor out of the car, welded frame rails to the front of the sho subframe and attached a mustang 2 front end on that. Simple and would have saved a bunch of fabrication , just would have to bend up an aluminum floor in the car.

weather is killing me, its 12 -14 degrees out and even in a heated garage It hard to get the body temp of the car up to the point of painting.

so that why Im doing the minor stufflike gauges , center counsol, getting capet ready etc. There realy isnt any thing left to fabricate or buy.
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Kool cant wait for this cold to pass so we can see ya finish ....an its snowing here in wilmington NC right now ...i mean its the BEACH!! what gives global warming HA! they were wrong .......

so i was thinking in a good direction on the chassis thing ..kool i really want to give it a shot when funds start to become available .....and again cant wait to see miniguns as a finished product
        Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
          If I was to do it again I would have just gutted the complete floor out of the car, welded frame rails to the front of the sho subframe and attached a mustang 2 front end on that. Simple and would have saved a bunch of fabrication , just would have to bend up an aluminum floor in the car.

weather is killing me, its 12 -14 degrees out and even in a heated garage It hard to get the body temp of the car up to the point of painting.

so that why Im doing the minor stufflike gauges , center counsol, getting capet ready etc. There realy isnt any thing left to fabricate or buy.
          Since im on the same project as you , im trying to figure out that statement.

By front end you mean a K member?

Comment

yep one of those off the shelf kits they make for street rods.
            money pit

Comment

I always liked that styling on the hood of a festiva

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Score on the GTX !!
                1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

My father in law has 66 Belvedere as a garage ornament. Im not too familiar with them but his is done up nice.
                  -Donny
                  -1992 Festiva GL
                  B6D/E-series.
                  -1991 GL
                  BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Someone please point me to the engine/trans mount thread. I would like to see some pics. Way to many threads I cant find em,Thanks-
                    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

That is a great find on that GTX! I tried to get one in much worse shape than that and the guy wouldn't take less than 10k and it was all rotted...

I can't wait to see both projects finished!
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                        Someone please point me to the engine/trans mount thread. I would like to see some pics. Way to many threads I cant find em,Thanks-
                        I guess this is what you are looking for, this is a left over shogun subframe, it uses a sho taurus subframe welded to a small cage that goes into the back. Most of the reproduction shoguns ( mine included) use the same basic set up ,, with the exception of the subframe bolted to the cage so it can be dropped out of the bottom.

Last edited by NovaSS; 10-25-2011, 02:16 AM.
                        money pit

Comment

Thanks SS I'm just gathering some ideas. Thanks for posting those pics. So you went with round tubing as apposed to rectangular. I wish I had a pipe bender. Maybe someday...Anyway love your work! I would appreciate your thoughts on something. I would like to do a rear engine Festy. What if I where to remove the rear drum spindles & graft in a Knuckle from the front end? I was thinking I could mount the Ball joint onto the Torsion Bar @ the existing rear spindle area. Then install the Knuckle & be able to adjust toe. I'm thinking once the Fuel tank is out of the way,I can beef up the subframe inbetween the two torsion bar attach points. Your thoughts?
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Im no tubing expert but any non-pro pipe bending tools (even the not so cheap ones) will kink your pipes.

I went to a professional shop where they had thousand dollars machines to bend this properly. I gave my dimensions and they made it from the pipes I brought them.

Here's mine.

Comment

Yeah i bought a pipe bender, cost me 150 dollars and it's useless biggest waste of money. If it's not completely solid it just bends like a straw.
                              93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                              98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                              98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Working...
                              X