Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian's '89 Festiva L

Hello all.

This will be the home of my festiva build thread. I have never heard about festiva's untill a couple months ago. My father in law was doing an engine rebuild on my wifes cousins festiva. After this she had beat it into the ground. It ended up on my father in laws yard once again and sat for a year and a half. Recently he had made me an offer. Money grew tight and to make a long story short :sleepy4: we had moved in with my wifes parents again. I was driving a 1998 Chevy Blazer from Ickesburg to York everyday for work. For people unfirmiliar with Pennsylvania, thats about 120 miles a day and in the Blazer, a quarter tank of gas a day. He new somebody that only ever stayed local and was in desperate need of a vehicle so the deal was that I gave them my blazer and he'd give me the festiva. I was scepticle at first but the gas efficiency has proved to be great.

It took a little time to get used to the manual steering but I have fell in love with this festiva and now im working on making it my own. Before it could be mine the head gaskets, head bolts, intake gasket, valve cover gaskets, actually every gasket on the motor needed to be replaced. This was done and it was legal and driveable. Every time I got in it more ideas kept crossing my head so I joined FordFestiva.com to learn more. Now, with the help and ideas from all of you, my Festiva projects has begun.

1989 Ford Festiva L Hatch. 1.3L 4 Cylinder Automatic. Everything stock and power NOTHING!

1.3L 4 Cylinder

Okay so I am not good at this forum thing but I guess I can only do two attatchments at a time..new post.

Christian's '89 Festiva

My Festie is dashless

Also back seat and all plastic removed.

Comment

Christian's 1989 Ford Festiva

Here is the dash and the pile of parts that I have pulled out so far getting it ready for paint!!!!

Comment

Christian's 1989 Ford Festiva

Painted Parts that are drying over night I am very happy with the outcome thus far.

Comment

Okay guys just wanted to let yall know that i created a photobucket account now so all pictures will go in one post

Comment

Looks exactly like my car when I got it, except I had aluminum rims.

This was the day I got it

This is what It looks like now lol

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
            91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

i like the round headlights. what type of mod is that.

Comment

I got them off of a older land rover at a junk yard. pretty much and round headlight bracket will work. Just have to drill and get them to bolt up. I love it

Comment

you got HID's in them?

Comment

As of right now they are jsut stock H4 headlights out of the land Rover, only because I had some sweet round headlights that I could put HID's in, but due to the cold weather one cracked in half when I dropped it like six inches...

Comment

that sucks. spring needs to get here.

Comment

Agreed! I hate working on my car in the snow

Comment

you my friend need a manual swap! no mods needed, just parts and you should be able to pull 45+ mpg on that daily run.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Arty's right. Normally I'd say enjoy the automatic, but for a 120 mile per day commute, you'll quickly appreciate an extra 8 to 12 mpg improvement! It'll make your trouble well worth it very quickly, as well as being a little quieter.

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Welcome 89newb Dig the green/black contrast! Are you gonna do the cluster & center bezel as well? I see it didn't take long for the addiction to set in If no one has warned you yet Festiva's are like black holes in your yard- you will find them trying to pull more of them into your yard & sucking countless hours scrounging CraigsList & the like for more of them :tongue3:
                              Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Working...
                              X