Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just actually starting to think about rims. Any suggestions

Comment

i'm thinking 13x8s steelies with some 185/60 s streatched, lol, down and out bro!
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Do this, its what I did in photoshop My buddy is thinking of doing it but I doubt he will ever finish it

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

I love the inside of the car. That is what I was thinking of doing to mine. Same cars and everything. First I need to fix a seal problem behind the timing belt cover don't know where to start
          First time owner
          89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
          Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

Get yourself a Haynes manual, camshaft seal, crankshaft seal, timing cover gasket, valve cover gasket and replace them. Don't forget to align the motor to top dead center

Comment

You can also download the FSM for free. Search for the link.
              Oscar

Comment

Well even with the rain that they are calling for im gonna get the b3 fired tomorrow somehow. Im freaking determined. Ill let ya know how it goes

Comment

Okay guys so I aligned the motor back to top dead center and the still didn't work. Checked. All my sparks and they were short and orange. The book says they should be blue. So getting a distributor cap and rotor to see if this will start the car. Sad face

Comment

short and orange is a weak coil, get a Accel SuperCoil form any McParts store.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

okay new distributor cap and rotor in and still wont fire. festy boy could you give me a call possibly so i could brainstorm it woth you. im pretty sure its the coil too but something tells me the vaf is about to go out too because of the oil still going threw that air tube

Comment

Okay guys so I bought the accel could and FestyBoy cooked me up a harness that will make the accel coil work with my 89: so as soon as I get the harness and put it in I will update you

Comment

For the record FestYboy is an awesome cat. thanks again for the harness bro.

Comment

coil installed and still no fire. recap...

Okay so here it is.

DAY 1: car would not start. It turns over and cranks but wont fire. This is after I installed a new valve cover gasket, pct valve, and cam seal gear.

DAY 2: tried it again. Still wont start. Installed ngk vpower spare plugs gapped to. 040mm still wont fire. Did not do compression test but checked spark. Cylinder 1 and 4 were weak and orange. Coil to distributor was weak and orange.

DAY 3: Installed new distributor cap and rotor. Aligned motor to TDC. Removed the timing belt and hand turned cam gear 90 degrees counter clockwise to get the timing indicators on the gear to line up at the 12 o'clock and 3oclock positions. Re installed timing belt. Rotor was now close enough to the plug one position to adjust with the adjuster bolts. (Should I have turned the cam gear 270 degrees clockwise rather than the 90 degrees counter clockwise?) car still would not fire.

DAY 4: bought accel coil and picked up a homemade harness from FestyBoy to make it fit on my odd 89L efi. Festiva. Mounted it and plugged it in. Spark strength improved but still did not fire.

Things left to do is to jump the pins on the fuel pump test connector to see if the fuel pump is bad, check the second pin on the VAF. Connector to make sure its grounding, check the fuel injector plugs for the same amount of voltage as the battery when cranking, make sure the inertia switch isn't failing, change the air filter and ...?

Im truly drawing a blank guys. Im gonna do what's on that list and hopefully it will start but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

The coil gets a constant 12V from the harness and a ground pulse from the PCM. If the PCM is going bad, you'll get really low spark along with a possible array of other problems with things controlled by/read by the PCM.

Just throwing that out there.
                              -Zack
                              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Is there a way to check a pcm

Comment

Working...
                                X