Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely! get at it! post findings.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Another question... the one airbox has a hole in it. Should I put the vaf. On my airbox or won't it make a difference.

Comment

won't make a differance
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Okay so I had monstiva running today. Don't know what the difference was but alls I did was use a paper clip to jump the inertia switch plug. But when I took it for a spin I went down a hill to a caldesac turned around and as soon as I hit the gas it stalled. So now I will try a good fuel pump and inertia switch. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Just an update. Got 3 fuel pumps and an inertia switch coming from hofficergrover. Should be shipped soon. I just want the car to run again so I can move on with my plans

Comment

well since im at a stand still waiting for fuel pumps anyway, i decided to make some good progress. got the hookup on a drivers side window crank and rail from festyboy. thank goodness. no more cutting my fingers putting the piece of board in the door to hold up the window. pics are coming soon too guys. shows i took the hockey stripe off and i have pics for the window crank removal and installation for a how to. simple but hey, even i had to ask how to do it this afternoon.

Comment

so today i got in the mail 3 fuel pumps and an inertia switch (thank you hofficergrover). I will come back tuesday evening with results of swapping these items out. with anyluck the car will start! ill bring pics too just because it has been a while.

Comment

*PICS* Productive Weekend

Ill give the story first, then the pictures. MONSTIVA DRIVES! Finally got her started and drove 20 miles. Turns out I fixed a bunch of stuff that never needed fixed. Installed a great running fuel pump (thank you hofficergrover) and eliminated the troublesome inertia switch by using a wiring connector to connect the wires. Now for the fix.

It never needed spark plugs.
                  It never needed the distributor cap or rotor.
                  It never needed the coil.
                  etc. etc.

It needed the baffle that is in the valve cover. Mine was bent all up, allowing oil to pass threw it, into the curly cue hose that goes from the valve cover to the air tubing, and down into the throttle body choking the car out. Temporary solution: Cut the curly cue tube in half. plugged one end of it with an old spark plug, and the other with a bolt. I did this and the car started right up!:hello1: Now with a "new to me" baffle, a valve cover gasket and gromets the car runs great! Also, as mentioned in previous posts, the valve cover bolt that i snapped off in the head has been drilled out and fixed. Plus two new 4" speakers for the rear speak mounts and a really awesome score that you will have to check the pictures to see!

Part two of the Productive Weekend: I replaced the entire exhaust system on my Ford Escape successfully with pics!

My Boo Boo....Radiator hose came off and soaked everything

another soaked pic

Temporary fix with curley cue hose to drive

With hockey strive removed

spare parts

painted valve cover

the head

underbelly of valve cover

cleaned baffle

Is there suppose to be something that slides threw this groove in the valve cover?

new speakers

suprise number 1

Why is this spot empty?

Heres why, SCORE!

Or should I put it here?

Check them out!

Comment

escape exhaust pics

you should be able to guess the old and the new

Did a new Y pipe and Flex pipe (one piece), new muffler, and new resonator. first job I ever did on a car with 100% success by myself. Good night guys

Comment

so i have been driving the festy and to my surprise its been getting about 38-40 mpg (automatic ) unfortunatly it doesnt want to stay running when its cold. once it is warmed up it runs decent. spits alot of oil. I need to check the idle air control valve for sticking, do an oil pan gasket, crank seal, and a radiator before madness. im also hoping to have a huge surprise for madness but not sure yet. keep ya posted

Comment

I put those blue springs on and I hate them. They dont really fit in the top hats but i drove them for a little while to see how i liked being lower. I don't like them. So now the original springs will go back on. I also need two tie rods and all 4 struts. busy busy busy. I havent posted any pics because i figured this is all routine stuff...

Comment

still waiting on struts, tie rod ends, ball joints, radiator, and valve cover gasket.

in the mean time today i have replaced the crank seal and getting ready to go do the oil pan gasket hoping this solves the massive oil leak.

Comment

Get Aspire struts from a JK and put them on your Festy. You will like the ride!
                            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I'm waiting. Still want to do the aspire swap at some point. Got a Rad for free today brand new so hopefully that will fix my over heating and antifreeze leaking issue

Comment

updates

new radiator is installed, new hoses for the tranny fluid didn't work out so the old ones are back on for now. motor seems to run alot better. problem: my grandfather (where it is parked until ready for inspection) says that it is leaking fluid. It could be the oil leak that i have not yet gotten rid of or im worried that it could be tranny fluid from the bottom of the rad, the lower rad hose, or even the rad itself. the rad is brand freakin new, but something in my gut tells me that it could be the rad.

what has been determined...
                                need to use stronger sealant in between the baffel and valve cover because the RTV blue has broke

i need a new thermoswitch

need a new fan assembly

my thermostat is good and water pump is working properly.

i found a set of tires for $120 but got to make sure the rest of the car will pass inspection before i purchase.

Comment

Working...
                                X