Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project B6T Rustiva

Finally. It begins.

It's going to be kept fairly simple for the time being. I'm leaving it to the owner to upgrade from this in the future. Right now, I'm on the lookout for a full Aspire swap and a G series tranny. I'm looking to have this on the road in time for Westiva. This is my first engine swap. When I get the engine with tranny in place to make some mounts, I think it may end up being a little bit different than others due to the larger intake manifold (JDM).

Thanks to hotrodin4me for the lead on this $150 Festiva.

A shot of my "office":

Looks like both festiva's have no rust, I like :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

looking good, cant wait to see it at westiva or maybe sooner

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        Looks like both festiva's have no rust, I like :thumbright:
        Pretty close to none. He's eventually painting it orange (not sure how close to a rust colour). I'm gonna completely gut the engine bay and spray it before throwing the engine in for the time being. Raltiva does have just a bit of rust spotting up on it. It's been as you see it for a few years now, but I'm hoping to give it a paint job soon. I keep a 60W bulb in the shelter to suck up some moisture.

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
        looking good, cant wait to see it at westiva or maybe sooner
        Bring a welder over and I'll pay you to help me with some mounts.
        Last edited by thered56; 04-08-2011, 02:00 AM.

Comment

lookin sweet i love your work surface natural terrain hope you dont loose any hardware in it

150$ i love a good low price festy im liking those stock decals as well
          Last edited by skimsucka; 04-08-2011, 03:14 AM.
          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
            lookin sweet i love your work surface natural terrain hope you dont loose any hardware in it
            haha yeeeaaahh...well I will definitely be putting some concrete down in one form or another. I just don't wanna push my landlord too far...heheh I have 3 cars (soon to be all Festi's) and my roomate has 3 Legacy's. 4 of these are in the back yard. lol
            He lets us put our cars out back and let me holes so I could secure my shelter on pier blocks. It's a good thing his wife lives in Vancouver!
            I'd also like to build a little engine/tool shop that I can easily tear down and build up again should I move. We'll see...
            Last edited by thered56; 04-08-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you have a used car lot there hahaha

Good luck with the build bro.
              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

^^ lol That's what my landlord says! But that's how I got him to let me put up the shelter. Tidy up! hehe

Comment

i like it!
                  Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                  X