1993 teal going b8-me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 teal going b8-me

After taking 2 years to find an EFI I leaped before I looked and picked up a 5 speed EFI that needs a driver door and paint. Bought for $550 but at least the title was current. The other car i was looking at was a white GL with 2001 sticker on the plates. The teal still ran but needs a clutch. It didn't want to run that well so i think it jumped time. Who cares i have 2 engines still, one with a clutch on it

My weak husky air tool couldn't break the drivers axle nut loose so i had to shell out an extra 120 bucks for a sweet electric impact. That was an hour holdup right there. With the sun going down the greaseball b3 was out. I only get one day a week to work on this car. Ill have it cleaned out running before summer for sure.

In pics you'll notice the brand new jack ram i had to buy for my hoist, and not in picture is Wes's protege manual he forgot to take home with him. I still might need it since this isn't getting the b6t. Interior is not torn but it's as dirty as the outside.
    Last edited by getnpsi; 04-15-2011, 03:40 PM.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Great, now I'm starting to think about waiting till I find a B8 to put Chuck back on the road... lol Looks like fun, glad you got your hoist back up and running!
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I'm kinda scared i might have to rebuild this b8 because it's sat outside 3 years. If so ill probably get a BP. The vam is frozen and i haven't tried turning the crank. I did last year with atf down the holes..or was it the year before that? LOL. Gotta clean engine bay and remove tranny/clean first.
      1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Aww man. I hope that thing fires ups. Good luck
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Some pics of the bulk of the body damage. I wish it was 99% door and 1% quarter panel, but its both about the same, As i can get doors all day long locally. If i decide to actually beautify this car ill be painting it 1999 Ford Ranger Jalapeno green.

1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Good start!

Always nice to have an excuse to buy new tools, too!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

OMG an hour to remove the trans from the engine. Apparently every other mazda I've taken apart has been taken apart before and they cut corners re-installing heh. Had to tap on the external fork and wiggle a prybar with my third arm, keeping the engine from swinging with my 4th arm. I open it up and could not understand how there was a bunch of hair inside mixed in with the destroyed clutch material? Maybe it was just clutch material. Weirdest thing. No pics of this series of steps, I was mad i was out of daylight again. Thanks to villageidiot BTW. I did give him a ring because i didn't know why it was so stuck. Abused components never makes anything textbook. Anyway havent cleaned my engine bay either but im thinking of just getting it going at this point. Gas held $4.27 for premium for over a week and it just went $4.33 this morning. Home stretch. Oh yeah still have to put my long assed arms up in there to pull ecu. Short people whine about this step, I hope its not 2x hard for me.Last time I drank and watched someone do it for his b6.
              Last edited by getnpsi; 04-22-2011, 10:23 AM.
              1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Got snagged on the re-entry into the engine compartmnent. I left the passenger axle in the tranny out of fear of having to buy another trans if the gears fall out. it came out that way with the b3 but it wont work going back. I should put the drivers axle in then take out the passenger axle now? or broomsticks...

COOLANT SENSOR....where is it on the b8-me? All i see is on the therm housing, its a shame the threads are the same but its a little too long to just screw it in there and call it a day. As far as i see there isn't one on the intake manifold like the b3 huh. Can i put a T into the therm housing and run my idiot light and the ecu lead off the same area? Off the therm is a more accurate reading anyway right? Works on oil pressure.
                1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Mid-June update: Need to go to pickapart...and other various inconviences
                  --misplaced 2 caliper bolts
                  --misplaced the manual TPS
                  --axle fell out of tranny on passenger side when i was pushing it around so i gotta jack it back up and pop that thing back in, no have not added fluid yet thank goodness
                  --need to fiddle with drivers window, i don't like the way it goes up and down the track
                  That's about it. If i think of anything worth showing off I'll snap a pic or two
                  1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

This week is full of progress yet financial downfall

I almost had a b8-me running in an aspire but the body was a mess, also worried about getting legit tags so i junked the car and kept the engine. This was in 2007. I bought EVERYTHING needed for the swap, including a BP throttle body and BP VAM and some other goodies. Well during the move i boxed all parts and brought them with me. Fast FWD to 2011. In other posts you see that i had a hard time with first some wiring, then the fact my auto TB can't be modified to work. Today i went to pickapart and got raped for a BP throttle body for 56 bucks w/tax. I get home and decide to put up the last of the storage cabinets and there in a random box i haven't touched in forever because it had mustang stuff inside...is a TB from a damn miata. Expect an updated FS thread this weekend.

Premium Fuel was coming down a little. $3.97 for a whole week now its $4.03 again. Hurry Jeff hurry.
                    Last edited by getnpsi; 07-14-2011, 11:38 PM.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                    X