vics not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vics not working

As the title said my vics isn't working, I think the vics is open. The rode is all the way out all the time, the white and red wire has 12v to it. If I hit the black/red wire with my test light the solenoid will click and the vics will close. So if I understand right the ecm controls the ground to the vics and at a rpm it grounds it to close to solenoid . So my signal wire from the solenoid to ecm tests good , I've got power to the solenoid , the solenoid works . So what do you guys think I should test next ? If I'm not right on how this works please tell me,anymore info would be great.

Ok I found out whats all going on, I had the cid wire and the vics wire swapped around . All those 4ths got me in the wiring guide , but oh well I should of looked at the wiring better. So after I swapped the wires around the car wouldn't start, then messing around I found out that my harness is the problem. If I move the wires at the ecm the car will turn off , but will start up every time. So if you guys pull a harness from a car at the junkyard look it over really well when your done. Other wise you might have all the problems I've had. So my car is running no check engine light and vics is working.

Comment

woot
      Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
      88? Parts car-sold
      91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
      86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
      1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

VICS is a monster when the secondaries open. Mine would start to pull then vics would hit and the tires would break traction in 3rd gear lmao!
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

I'm thinking of ways to control it with b6t electronics. Either an rpm switch and vac solenoid or maybe a manual boost controller type of setup that'll open it under boost.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
          X