minigun rear updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minigun rear updates

Never liked my custom rear bumper.... Just looked T O O W I D E...

So I went to a factory bumper and extended the rear fenders.. I have them glassed in but have to finishing trimming for bumber and do final sanding and blending ( note I just dropped it off jack stands so the tire have a bunch of positive camber and its sitting HIGH untill it rolls a few feet)

I will be putting vents in to them to break up the large area.

Last edited by NovaSS; 06-22-2011, 02:40 PM.
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

I prefer the wide one.....fits the whole theme better...IMO
    ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

I like the new version better :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

After working on this ( and chaging the design several times)I have found there is NO WAY to make a "cute" wide body festiva, no matter what ........its going to be ugly. I guess thats some of the charm.
        money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Why not use smoother fenders?
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Very nice progress , actually alot more then me , while mine is on halt due to money issues. Will probably have at it in the automn.

For the rear bumper , do you plan on making something to hide the muffs?

To make your job easier maybe (cause thats what I wanna do) , maybe you can use this technique. I watched all his vids.

Its basicly , box it , pour , sculpt , bondo + sand , paint , gelcoat , fiberglass (to make a mould) , remove mould , scrap all your foam job , cast fenders in your new mould and install.

building a wide body 300zx from start to finish.

building a wide body 300zx from start to finish.

Comment

probs slighty thread hacking but whats the options on a LX ?
              and i prefer the top picture.. wider bumper suits the flared gaurds alot more..

Comment

I think either way is fine....
                1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Working...
                X